Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Customer CLI Hard Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Customer CLI Hard Inquiry

Hey all, spoke with Capital One last week about my new card and asked about CLI's and inquiries, just so that I would know for the future. My card is in the credit steps program, so thankfully as long as you are in the credit steps, she said you will get an auto cli every 90 days, until they take you out of the program, or until you mess up on payments, go over balance, etc... She did say that we could ask for a CLI at any time, however, if we initiated the CLI, there would now be a hard inquiry on all 3 CRAs, so just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you were thinking of applying for a CLI through the auto system or through the rep. Hopefully there is some way that they can get around that, but who knows... I have had my card since April, she said she recommended waiting 6-12 months before asking for a CLI, if you expect to get one. Also, if you are interested in getting more capital one cards, she said we could have as many as we would like, one customer has 6..  Just thought I would share the info, I always appreciate it when everyone else shares their customer service rep experience. Have a good night.. Shannon

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gamblerx15
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Customer CLI Hard Inquiry

I dont know about having as many as you want. I was preapproved, applied and got the dreaded 10 day message,

a few days later I got a letter stating that I already had the max number of capital one cards at 2, they didnt pull

any credit just sent the denial letter.

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

I was due for Credit Steps increases on both my cards over the last couple of months - neither have come through and when I called I'm not eligible for a CLI.  Have never gone over the limits, always paid in full.  I was ticked - I did get the first step increases - these were the second ones.  It should be called "Credit Step" LOL.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 3 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

i think most people only get 2 credit steps, so i think it's kind of misleading for them to tell you it's automatic every 90 days Smiley Indifferent

if that were the case, i guess more people would love capital one!  LOL  i know i would!

Message 4 of 15
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Boldilocks the same thing happened to me, I'm still waiting for my second CLI, when I called them, the csr said that I wasn't supposed to get any other increase except for the first one, which I know is not true but unfortunately I did something that I never do and that was throw away the letter they sent me about being in the Credit Steps program. We went back and forth until I just said forget it. I'm going to close my account with them anyway in a couple of months before my AF is due.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 5 of 15
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

Does anybody know what Cap 1 is pulling nowdays? I have seen posts on them pulling all three CRA'S?

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 15
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

LADYBUSA...cap one pulls from all 3 CRA's

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is everyone calling back door numbers.  I never

get anything unless I do.  Last time I called they

made my card a cash back rewards.

I was originally starter card at 300CL secured and a/f.

8 years later 5400CL rewards AND they have sent

back my deposit.  But I am still a starter cardSmiley Surprised

EX  782

EQ  802

Message 8 of 15
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

It's bad enough to have one... but 6 CrapOne low CL CCs are the real PITA for sure

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and tried the automatic credit increase and it said "Unfortunately you are not eligible for a customer initiated credit limit increase" which makes me think they never even pulled my credit for that. I got my first Capital One card in March 2010, they give me my 250 increase in June, that put my card up to $750. I got another Capital One in May 2010,  guess I'll be getting my increase to $750  in Augus.t My wife has had her Capital One card since March 2008 with a $500 limit, and her credit scores are in the 720's, and they will not give her an increase. Odd. Her score is better, and she has had credit longer.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.