Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO REALLY?

tag
Stage24u
Established Member

Re: Capital One EO REALLY?

If you scorres below are current, and your utilization is high, are you suprised?

When it comes to credit, one needs to prepare their file prior to asking for any sort of CLI.

- 700ish scores

- Low utilization reporting

- Good payment/credit history

Speaking from experience, I have 2 CAP1 cards...one credit steps and another Household bank card.

Cap1- EO PC'd me from basic CAP1 to Quicksilver card and raised me from $750 to $2k, and now 4 mo later to $3k

HB now CAP1- EO erased $59 annual fee, raised from $300 to $2k, and now 4mo later to $3k

Have all your ducks in a row, call the EO every 4mo (I ask for the same rep each time as he remebers me), and CAP1 will work with you.

Half @ssed prep equals half @ssed results.

Message 11 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Stage24u wrote:

If you scorres below are current, and your utilization is high, are you suprised?

When it comes to credit, one needs to prepare their file prior to asking for any sort of CLI.

- 700ish scores

Speaking from experience, I have 2 CAP1 cards...one credit steps and another Household bank card.

Cap1- EO PC'd me from basic CAP1 to Quicksilver card and raised me from $750 to $2k, and now 4 mo later to $3k

HB now CAP1- EO erased $59 annual fee, raised from $300 to $2k, and now 4mo later to $3k

Have all your ducks in a row, call the EO every 4mo (I ask for the same rep each time as he remebers me), and CAP1 will work with you.

@Half @ssed prep equals half @ssed results.

it comes down to if you want a credit card bank that you have to go through exec office to have anything done because front end CSR and online chat reps don't have any control to do anything.

I have been half satisfied with my EO results on top of that but yes my credit profile has some speed bumps so I'm a little more willing to continue dealing right now.

but the end result is if you only call the overseas customer service and they won't do anything, that's normal and they really can't... you either close the account or contact exec office.

Message 12 of 62
Stage24u
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Stage24u wrote:

- 700ish scores

it comes down to if you want a credit card bank that you have to go through exec office to have anything done because front end CSR and online chat reps don't have any control to do anything.

I have been half satisfied with my EO results on top of that but yes my credit profile has some speed bumps so I'm a little more willing to continue dealing right now.

but the end result is if you only call the overseas customer service and they won't do anything, that's normal and they really can't... you either close the account or contact exec office.

When you buy a car, who gives a better deal? The sales person or the fleet manger........fleet manager.

IF you have the EO number, call it!

No waiting, no number menu bs, the reps are EDUCATED, and....speak english.

Usually the EO has the best trained reps, not the $8hr wonders most have dealt with in the past, and the results are faar better.

Cap1 is an EZ nut to crack, with a decent file, and some preperation.

- Call EO every 4mo

- Ask for the same rep each time....has worked for me with 2 good size CLI, annual fee waived, and PC's

- Have you credit file on point with good scores, low balances, and good history.

IF the EO number is widely avaialble, there is no excuse why people should not call them vs regular customer service.

Message 13 of 62
v641
Valued Member

@Stage24u wrote:

- 700ish scores

+1

Cap One was the only credit card that would take me when I started rebuilding my credit. That doesn't mean it's all been peachy with them. I eventually had 2 cards with them and had to close one because they refused to raise the limit and take off annual fee. I kept the last one because it got a decent CLI after a year but it still had an annual fee. After some time in the garden and paying down my utilization I am happy to announce they PC my one remining card to Quicksilver without annual fee. I would bug them every 3 to 4 months as stage mentions and continued to take steps to improve my credit. All of this without any help from EO. This was done through chat and CSR over the phone. Sometimes you just need to have a nice conversation with a person and things work out. When they don't, best thing to do is figure out what you can do to improve your odds next time. Best of Luck. 

Current Score: CK-TU:695, CS-EX: 719, Discover-TU: 695        Goal Score: 750
In the garden since 2/8/14 - Last Updated:3/27/14
Message 14 of 62
red259
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@negg wrote:

@Creditaddict.  That's a good one, buuuut I was told bye CSR at BofA that they don't give it CLI without a hard pull. Advised them my other cards are giving me auto CLI. He told me its federal law that in order to get a CLI then have to do a HP. Told him Amex and chase sp for auto CLI. According to him they are breaking the law. Smh at lazy arse that get paid to give out wrong info. 

err where did bank of america come into this?

Bank of America does to HP for customer Initiated CLI, they do do manual CLI sometimes but who knows when and how one qualifies, my friend just got one on his Fidelity though.

as far as these stupid and yes I call them stupid underwriters spreading this bs about breaking federal law to give credit line increases without doing a hp on peoples credit is just that stupid... it may be company policy but it is not federal law they pull a hp.. they are required to make sure consumer can resonably repay the debts, repaying debts has nothing to do with hp's.

Yea, the BoA rep is totally full of it. Thankfully I don't deal with them and they don't have any cards I am remotely interested in.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 15 of 62
red259
Super Contributor

@Stage24u wrote:

- 700ish scores

+1 Instead of calling it "crap 2" or whatever, just cancel the cards if your unhappy (it doesn't look like you need them anymore anyway). They don't have to give you a cli and you don't have to give them your business. I' was really satisfied with the way the EO handled my CLI and it was my first five figured credit line. I think the credit product people have from cap 1 can impact the type of credit lines they can obtain down the line. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 62
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by they said no more CL's, PCs, or anything in the future? On that card? For you? for everyone? For EO? Just confused is all I am. lol

The EO office told me that they are putting a stop to all of the "credit step" cards PC's, CLI, ect. I was told that I should close the accounts and reapply if I wanted a higher limit.

I explained that I dd not want to close accounts to open new ones.

I was just sharing what I was told, if anyone has any other info that is different.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 17 of 62
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@Stage24u wrote:

- 700ish scores

I have not updated my scores in my siggy. All are above 700 now. ULTI is 9%. And I have good payment/payment history. Yes I have a BK on file, but they approved me with a BK and scores in the low 500's. So 5 years later a thick file and scores 200 points higher, I do not see the problem.

@Anonymous half @ssed here.

Message 18 of 62
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Cap 1 is an easy nut to crack? You have had 3 different limits on 2 cards, so not sure if called EO about both of your accounts at the same time, was it 2 or 4 calls to the EO?

Your CLI's are not really that impressive, granted you did get some CLI love, but I doubt that you have cracked Capital One and the EO.

Who has time to call the EO every 4 months anyways?

Why should good customers have to jump through hoops?

Like I said in an earlier post, I was just putting this info out there, of course YMMV, but I thought that is what people did was share their info on this site.

Please forgive my half @assed attempt to be a part of this community that has helped me so much!

Message 19 of 62
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think, because we have abused the EO (for good reasons), that they have added a layer to that office.  I think they have taken then Account Managers and made them part of the EO.  I used my HB card for an airline ticket, which was silly, and then called them to notify them of my upcoming travel arrangements.  They told me that my Signature card has benefits for purchasing tickets, which I did not know about.  (This is why I say it was silly to use the HB card!)  I asked the CSR if he could upgrade my HB card to a World Card, knowing full well that he could do nothing about it.  I then called the EO about it and I got different answers than I did in the past from that office.  It was like I was speaking to an Account Manager who had some power and abilities, but not the same as the old EO individuals I used to deal with.  So, I think because of this they have had to redesign their EO a bit and put the Account Managers in a position in the EO to reduce having to give so much.  I agree that some people don't deserve some of what they are demanding from Capone, but others do.  I think they have learned that lesson and instead of properly dealing with it, they have found a solution based on their past business model instead of changing the business model in the way which would most benefit themselves and customers. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.