cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO SUCCESS!! But, Stupid mistake=(

tag
raymondpk

Capital One EO SUCCESS!! But, Stupid mistake=(

First of all. Thank you for all the forum members who wrote their experience with capital one EO success stories. 
I just followed the same way, and able to got CLI from $750 to $2,500. and PC from platinum to Quick Silver One card. 

Year ago, I applied this card when my fico score was 550. I wish I had known this forum before.

Luckly Capital one approved Platinum card with $500 limit $39 annual fee.

I used the card and paid all the payment in advance.On the 7th statement limit went up to $750. and stuck.

I had some collections that was charged off long time ago. Learned a lot from this forum. Cleaned the credit report, added my wife CC as AU. 

FICO score went up to 775 with in 3 month.  I applied DCU, and got in with $5000 credit card as well.

Since my credit report has been cleaned up, I requet CLI through online chat, and another request after CLI LUV button has been updated. All declined.

I email to EO. They contact me, I specifically told the rep to raise credit limit and want to product change card that has reward without annual fee

Couple of days later when I logged in, I saw credit limit went up to  $2,500. but no follow up call from the rep.

I called the rep and she told me she can upgrade to quick silver and I accpeted it. 

Today, I got the card but it is QUICK SILVER ONE mastercard. I chat with CS and confirmed there is $39 annual fee. 

Since I am not the reward fan I would prefered the card without annual fee. 

I am not sure what to do. 

Lastly, that quick silver one card looks really awful as someone mentioned. It just look like fake card that comes with preapproved letter.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One EO SUCCESS!! But, Stupid mistake=(

Contact again and ask for AF to be waived 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

sounds like my story I have had the same card and contacted cap one thru facebook and got call from EO Office asks me what kind of CLI i'm seeking and If i'm willing to accept partial should i not get the CLI i'm seeking, and as for the Annual Fees she refunded back to my account and She said she can upgrade it since i'm eligable to be upgrade to a 1.5 cash back w/ no AF

she calls back few days later saying that she can only give me CLI of 1000 to bring my CL to 3500 and credited the AF back to my acct and she made mistake that she can't upgrade to the 1.5 Cash back without the AF but instead that card will have AF as well for 39.00

that being said considering that it is now my oldest CC that's active I've put in my Closet and am considering to close it when it's time for AF time comes again

but I will use it to pay my bills time to time to show them i am using it , Right now i'm debating to pay the af for the age of the card vs close it and keep the accout reported on my CR up to 10 years at which all my new cards will be 10 years old ( But i do believe that i shouldn't be held hostage for trying to keep credit)

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 4
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the increase and PC though

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.