Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Excellent Credit Score but Good Credit

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One - Excellent Credit Score but Good Credit

@GhostCredit wrote:

Thank you everyone! Today, I just saw that they sent my little brother a savor one credit card in the mail, actually it's a student credit card. I saw that they offer $50 after spending $100. And well I wanted to see if I could get approved for it, and guess what?! It says that they recommend that and the quicksilver for me! Only thing is... I'm not a student. Will they actually know and verify? I used to be a student, wish I signed up for it during that time...

I think you should stop thinking about Capital One. There are lots of better financial institutions out there.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@GhostCredit wrote:

Thank you everyone! Today, I just saw that they sent my little brother a savor one credit card in the mail, actually it's a student credit card. I saw that they offer $50 after spending $100. And well I wanted to see if I could get approved for it, and guess what?! It says that they recommend that and the quicksilver for me! Only thing is... I'm not a student. Will they actually know and verify? I used to be a student, wish I signed up for it during that time...

I think you should stop thinking about Capital One. There are lots of better financial institutions out there.

Agreed. Cap One may just not be for you, unfortunately @GhostCredit.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SilverBaq wrote:

Still trying to crack that egg with Capitol One. I had one late with them 7 years ago and still waiting on that late to come off my credit.

@SilverBaq if it's been 7 years, the late should've come off already. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 14
timbone
Established Member

I would disagree.  I have a 700ish fico with a bk7 and capital one has extended me $60,000 in credit. I pay them off monthly and gain huge benifits.  I pay my bill any they reward me handsomly 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.