Capital One Executive Office

tag
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@SwampSystems wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

If they were going to change the number, they would have done it 2 months ago when it was first posted here.

Whose they ?

They. Capital One. The Executive Office. The number has been posted publicly on this forum for 2 months and on the rest of the internet for even longer. I would think if people were abusing it that badly, it would have already changed.

Right but what im saying is they cant just up and change the number necessairly. Thats a real hassle for them, no ?

Message 91 of 831
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:
Right but what im saying is they cant just up and change the number necessairly. Thats a real hassle for them, no ?

At any rate, it seems to have done more good than harm. When the number was first posted here, they still were not accepting manual review requests. But here we are, two months after the number started getting "abused", and it has finally gotten through to them that their customers with good credit are leaving because their credit products were not growing with them. I'm not saying it happened strictly because of the flood of calls that number got, but it does make a difference when the higher-ups start hearing the same thing over and over from so many people. Feedback at this level does count, which is why I asked that people respectfully explain their dissatisfaction with the policies in place.

To get back on topic, has anyone else had any success in the last few days with the Executive Office?

Message 92 of 831
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Calling the executive office seems pointless to me... I will wait and see what capOne does for their customers in the mean time. It will take ALOT to get me to use their card again. Tired of them and them acquiring everything.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 93 of 831
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Can anyone provide me just the email!? When I reach a year with Cap 1 (10/26) a few days after I want to ask for that CLI through email, and see if I have any success, if not that is when I would want to call and ask them if they can do a manual review, as I know there is a lot of fustration going on with people abusing the system! I do have few post, and don't want to be one of those people abusing that phone line; but I feel after a year with them in good standing (full payments) I deserve some kind of CLI! right!? Smiley Surprised

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 94 of 831
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

At any rate, it seems to have done more good than harm. When the number was first posted here, they still were not accepting manual review requests. But here we are, two months after the number started getting "abused", and it has finally gotten through to them that their customers with good credit are leaving because their credit products were not growing with them. I'm not saying it happened strictly because of the flood of calls that number got, but it does make a difference when the higher-ups start hearing the same thing over and over from so many people. Feedback at this level does count, which is why I asked that people respectfully explain their dissatisfaction with the policies in place.

To get back on topic, has anyone else had any success in the last few days with the Executive Office?

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but some of the comments in this post complaining about the Exec Office # being made public and potentially abused by people who will use the valuable information on this forum and not "give back" to the community seems a little... off-base. Who cares if people come to this forum for a specific purpose, find their answer and then leave? Ultimately, that's the purpose of this forum--to help people. I very much doubt the number has been abused in the time--months now--it's been posted. Further, as has been mentioned, the number is already found via Google on other forums YEARS old. Nothing detrimental is bound to happen by the Exec Office getting a higher call volume, and hopefully more and more consumers will be helped by having this information. That in and of itself will help us all out as general consumers.

I, myself, got a call from a woman at the Exec Office back in January (I think) due to some horrendous customer service via online chat and during phone conversations that had me seeing red--so I sent a letter to the CEO and received the phone call a few days later. Since then, I've continued to be frustrated by some of the ridiculous things CapOne has done and have called the Exec Office at least three other times, and have spoken with, in total, 5 different individuals. So, I would say the office is not quite as small as some would have you believe. That being said, these representatives definitely don't read from a script and do go out of their way to research and make a true attempt to fix problems--none of MY problems with CapOne have been fixed, but I digress. As I posted earlier, at least when I'm told "No" they are kinder and explain the reasoning behind the rejection, answering any follow-up questions I may have after the rejection as well. I don't get this level of competence at any other CapOne number I call and, frankly, I'm entitled to being treated as a human being and get actual answers to my questions, not canned responses that make no sense. Since, when dealing with CapOne, that can only happen when I call the Exec Office, I will unabashedly call them with any serious issue I have that can't be answered by logging onto my account or calling for account information. If and when they ask how I got the number I tell them the truth--it was given to me in response to a previous issue and that I do not have confidence in CapOne's CSR's or credit analysts. If, however, I responded by saying I found the number via Google then that should be just as satisfactory.

<<insert obligatory--but sincere--Thank You to CapOne for being the first lender to take a chance on me when I started my rebuilding>>

I had called the Exec Office literally hours before this thread was started last week. I received a response on Friday from the gentleman I first spoke with just to let me know he hadn't received answers on any of my questions/requests but that he wanted to get back to me to let me know he was still working on my requests. The simple fact that he called back when he said he would is a step above the past responses I've received from CapOne--frontline CSR, Sr. Acct Manager, or Exec Office personnel alike. Will post more when I hear back.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 95 of 831
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Just received a response from an employee from the Executive Response Committee, says he was refered by the CEO for response (I sent him an email to delete my settled account from my credit report).  Is this good news?  He gave me his phone # and advice me I should receive a response by mail or phone.

Message 96 of 831
CS800
Super Contributor

I'm still waiting for their decisions on PC'ing my rebuilder. Been two weeks. The exec office told me they are still working on it.

I'm jut waiting for them to tell me that "

'After careful review of your account (which took us over two weeks) we are unable to do a product change. We value your business and periodically we do account review to see if your account is eligible for any of our products'

I'm so used to hearing this from them lol

Message 97 of 831
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I'm still waiting for their decisions on PC'ing my rebuilder. Been two weeks. The exec office told me they are still working on it.

I'm jut waiting for them to tell me that "

'After careful review of your account (which took us over two weeks) we are unable to do a product change. We value your business and periodically we do account review to see if your account is eligible for any of our products'

I'm so used to hearing this from them lol

+1

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 98 of 831
LS2982
Mega Contributor

For those who had success with the executive office regarding a CLI, was it a HP on any if all reports when they manually reviewed? The rep said it possibly will be and I told him no.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 99 of 831
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
For those who had success with the executive office regarding a CLI, was it a HP on any if all reports when they manually reviewed? The rep said it possibly will be and I told him no.

Mine was a SP on Equifax.

Message 100 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.