Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

Update: I emailed Capital One two days ago (late Wednesday night) and got a phone call today from the exec office. They are going to get back to me in a few days. I logged on to my account and it has been changed to a rewards card. No CLI yet but rewards!! Thanks Capital One

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 361 of 831
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rewards seem to be the first thing that gets added. The CLI usually comes shortly after. If they do give you a increase you will likely see the increase on your account before they call you to let you know about the increase.
Message 362 of 831
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

That is good to know. Thank you!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Message 363 of 831
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

I decided to email corpoerate with a lengthy letter detailing our concerns. My husband will be on the road in the new year and our hope was that this Capital One card would grow with us by the new year. Something that will enable him to do more when he's out there in Alaska and beyond. It has not. 

I emailed the letter early Friday morning and we received a call ( but was unable to take it ) this afternoon. The lady that left a message left us a time we can reach her. We plan to do just that this coming Tuesday. 

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 364 of 831
slothy
Contributor

well they called me back -  went from 750 to 2k.  i asked about a product change, she said i would have apply for a new card.

Message 365 of 831
knj601
Established Member

I sent my email on Thursday, got a call back on Friday, and this morning another call that I was able to get a CLI. I logged on and it was only to $1000, but then again I only asked for at least double the current CL. I am happy regardless because at least it shows they are willing to do something. I rarely use the card anymore so it isn't too major. Unfortunate it takes so much effort, but I will consider this a small victory. 

Current: TU (Wal-Mart) 640 EQ (myFICO) 627 EX 628 as of 10/12
BK Discharged 08/10 (The dark times)
NavChek (5000) Cap1 (2500 & 1000) hhGregg (1500) Amazon (900) & WalMart (500) Lowes (300)

Goal: No apps until 07/2013 & 700's across the board
Message 366 of 831
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats to the both of yoy

Message 367 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

I emailed yesterday afternoon and got the exec call this morning.  Nice, helpful, upgraded my card and is processing the request for 10k to 15k limit.  Sweet.

When I talked to the exec rep, she upgraded me to the 1.5% cash rewards card with no A/F, and is processing (with a soft pull!) my request for the credit limit increase.  I already have a platinum rewards card and had asked in my email for a Cash Rewards Visa Signature.

I was so happy, it wasn't untilI hung up that I realized I never heard her say "Visa Signature".  Now I'm wondering if I actually got upgraded to the siggy card.  I looked online and it appears that the extra half percent rewards bonus only comes with the siggy cash card - plus the non-sig ones are for limits under 5k.  

My online account still says Platinum, but the answer regarding my CL increase is still pending.  What do y'all think?  Will I get my first Visa Signature card out of all of this?  I'll ask when she calls back with an answer on the CL.

Message 368 of 831
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Yay. Thanks Capital One. This is almost miraculous since I was so skeptical.

In summary, I emailed them last Wednesday, got a call back Friday and noticed the rewards change in my online account on Saturday. She called me this morning before I had a chance to look and my new credit limit is $6000. Which was what I asked for. I got 1% cash rewards, which is comparable to my credit union card. I guess I'll go back to using my Capital One card now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wouldn't have cared either way but I'm happy they are finally listening to their customers!!!!

Message 369 of 831
chan85
Established Contributor

Cap1 is in my good graces this week!! Logged into my account everyday this weekend like 8 times because everyone was saying they see it online before getting a call back, but didn't see anything until this morning!

$500 card went to $3000

$2250 card went to $4000

Was less than I asked for, but I aimed high with my requests anyway. I was waiting for them to call back and laugh at me really! Now all I need to ask for is rewards to be added on the $500 card and I will be set. So that will be the only request once I get a call back.

Still waiting to hear back from Orchard Bank, limit still at $300. I also am going to ask if they can add the rewards to that card- I had a 2% cashback card with Orchard before that I loved, but with the $59 annual fee that they refused to waive, I shut it down.  If they give me a decent limit, an annual fee isn't unreasonable, but of course I would prefer it to be free.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 370 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.