Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

Just an update: logged in to cap 1 site this morning, new CL is 5000. So bumped from 1250 to 5000, waived annual fee forever, no PC to jimmy fallon card. All in all, I'm happy. Could the rewards be better? Sure, but with no FTF and a decent limit, I'll keep this card and use it overseas. So glad this thread got started and that Cap 1 is trying to grow with its former rebuilders.

Nice, congrats!

Message 441 of 831
dvilc001
Established Member

I called on the 21st for a CLI. had the card for 2 years and only at a $500 limit. A very nice woman asked me a series of questions regarding my income and what not.....she said it would take a couple of days...they did a soft pull on EQ on the 26th...haven't heard anything yet....Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 529 as of 3/2011
Current Score: 660 EX, 627 EQ, 643 TU( all a/o 12/17/13)
Goal Score: 700 in 2014

Message 442 of 831
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Update: Cap 1 gave me a $250 increase on my platinum, hoped for more, but coupled with them getting rid of my annual fee and giving me rewards I'd say it was worth sending a 3 sentence email. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 443 of 831
linux007969
Established Contributor

***Update*** The same lady that tired to help me in september is trying to help me once again, after we played phone tag, i finally got ahold of her, and she asked me some questions and saw how displeased i have been with their customer service, and she put in for a credit limit increase and this time she asked what i would be happy with and i said $1,000 and she asked if i would except a lesser amount and i said yes. Then after that she said she would submit it to another department and i would hear back in 5 to 7 business days, (she said that the last time but in like 3 days i was denied with a generic excuse like always) lets hope they take me seriously this time and actually manual review my account. She also noted about me wanting my annual fee waived or removed and a higher rate on cash back, she will put in a request for that as well. She said she is going on vacaton tomorrow, and i will recieve calls from a different person in their office within a few days. She seemed nicer this time. She even asked me if there is anything she could do about my concerns about their customer service and i said "Well it would take a while to retain everyone". I pointed out how When i call Discover they sound very enerjetic when they answer and no one at capital one does. She said she will forward my feedback. (probably not going to make Customer service any better but at least they know how i feel know). So i'll let u guys know how it goes!

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 444 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

***Update*** The same lady that tired to help me in september is trying to help me once again, after we played phone tag, i finally got ahold of her, and she asked me some questions and saw how displeased i have been with their customer service, and she put in for a credit limit increase and this time she asked what i would be happy with and i said $1,000 and she asked if i would except a lesser amount and i said yes. Then after that she said she would submit it to another department and i would hear back in 5 to 7 business days, (she said that the last time but in like 3 days i was denied with a generic excuse like always) lets hope they take me seriously this time and actually manual review my account. She also noted about me wanting my annual fee waived or removed and a higher rate on cash back, she will put in a request for that as well. She said she is going on vacaton tomorrow, and i will recieve calls from a different person in their office within a few days. She seemed nicer this time. She even asked me if there is anything she could do about my concerns about their customer service and i said "Well it would take a while to retain everyone". I pointed out how When i call Discover they sound very enerjetic when they answer and no one at capital one does. She said she will forward my feedback. (probably not going to make Customer service any better but at least they know how i feel know). So i'll let u guys know how it goes!

Good luck - this usually works better once your other cards are way above the cap1 - they seem to like to match your highest card.

Message 445 of 831
linux007969
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

Good luck - this usually works better once your other cards are way above the cap1 - they seem to like to match your highest card.

the only problem is that my Discover hasn't reported anything yet, not even as open, and my current limit on my smart connect account hasn't reported yet either, it just got done reporting the prior increase to $800. They will see that i have cards at higher limits then theirs though.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 446 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think I got the one person in the office with the bad attitude today.  I got a call back from them about whether I was happy the resolve that had been given.  I asked her about theaspect of some accounts never being reviewed as I was told about from the HSBC division.  She told me this was true and then later told me it wasn't.  She also told me that there was no button she could press which would allow my account to be changed to allow this and that they were reviewing their policies.  (They have been reviewing this policy for many months now, come on, how long does it take?)  When I presented her with the response that she could PC the account to rectify this (press a button) she countered that it could have negative aspects.  She did admit that some benefits could be added to cards such as rewards.  I told her that with account that I already closed this was certainly not the case as I had asked for her department at that time and was told it did not exist, even though it did.  I explained that I asked for it in an attempt to not have to close the card.  She then went back to discussing the negative aspects that PC a person could have negative effects.  She quoted the card reform act in regards to this.  I asked her how the card reform act applied to this and if she actually had read it.  She told me that she had, which I really don't believe!

She tried to tell me that by adding things to an account this could be a negative thing.  I asked her what things.  She responded with benefits being added.  I asked how adding benefits could be a bad thing.  She gave an analogy of World cards, Signature cards, and Platinum cards.  If one benefit was offered it might replace a benefit offered by the old card.  I thought these things worked in tiers?  Basically, you go up the different levels and the benefits are increased without loss of other benefits.  I countered with that is actually not a correct analogy as it is then a personal choice by the customer, she responded with even so it still could have negative benefits which are covered by the card act.  I clearly attempted to explain that the card act focused on forced changes in regards to interest rates in regards to this so that what she was speaking of was neither in words or in the spirit of the act.  She was having none of it and ended the call in True Capital One style.

Before this happened I also asked about the aspect of credit limit increases.  She clearly told me that Capital One does periodic reviews.  I pointed out that not only has that not happened in the past there were no indications that it would be proactively reviewed in regards to the past or the information given to me previously about Type A and Type B accounts.  This is where she contradicted herself and said there were no such things as Type A and B accounts, even though she clearly earlier on acknowledge there were.  I pursued the issue of how often perdiodic reviews were done.  She said they were periodic and no set time frame was used.  I countered with an analogy of my own explaining periodic could mean every week, once a month, once a year, once a decade, or even in Capones case once a century.  (No I did not say once a century, but I wanted to.)  She said no set policies existed for how often.  I asked if no set policies existed, how could it be considered periodic and that most banks had set policies so that customers would be aware of them.  I explained I did not want to hassle the bank by calling too often for a CLI so by giving me an indication of when these happen it would mean that my periodic expectations could be better aligned by knowing thier periodic time frames. 

She did clearly tell me that if I wanted a better card then I could reapply for the desired card.  I explained that I thought it was an unneccesary step to having something added to my account and how this fit into the fact of the complaints in their legal issues were already in the process of being reviewed and had been reported on in the news.  The fact that I filed a BBB complaint seemed to be the only issue she was trying to actually solve and could create a positive outcome for the company.  I did ask that if I rejected the offer if it would have any negative aspects to my account.  She assured me they would take no negative actions on my account even if I did reject the offer.  She did also acknowledge that Capone is aware of this and other threads about the topic at hand and their policies.  She tried to say that such threads were of no benefit to customers and were not effective, productive, or appropriate.  Obviously they are effective, productive, and appropriate as they have had positive effects for customers that have been improperly treated.  Others have gotten CLI's by using this thread and PC's, so it must be productive, effective, and appropriate.

I do suggest that all individuals who use this thread first file a complaint with the BBB so that there is a consumer record about it.  This will have further implications in the future for all in the future.  It is a shame such an organization exists, in reality if businesses were more properly dealing with customers in an appropriate manner, there would be no need for them.  However, since some companies do not, then by default this is a need for them.  We should remember that we should use all methods available to us so that we pave the way for a better future for all.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 447 of 831
chan85
Established Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:
Alright got the call about my cap1 cards, told me about the increases I already saw online. I asked about adding rewards, she said it would only be the 1% if they could and she submitted a request. Said she would call back. Find it odd since everyone else said that was the easiest thing to get approved. Perhaps because they mentioned it in their emails or initial phone call so they already had done the leg work before they called? We will see what they say.

As for Orchard, the rep called back and said that she needed my permission to do a HARD pull in order to see about a CLI. I told her absolutely NOT, and that the rep from Cap1 was able to check into my accounts with a soft pull, but I had no intentions of getting a hard pull for this. She said she would submit the request to see what they can do and call me tommorrow afternoon.

I can't afford anymore inquiries, and especially when Orchard has declined me in the past when they have pulled it. I have about 9 and waiting for them to fall off, most from my mortgage app this summer. Oddly enough I made a purchase with my BML account on Apple and they did a hard pull to see about increasing my spending limit!! I'm actually on hold as I type to get them to remove it. If its not one thing it another with these credit companies.....

Ok, rep from Cap 1 called back yesterday. Got the 1% rewards added. She said orchard should be calling soon. I told her about them about asking for a hard pull. She seemed a little surprised, but said they should be getting back to me today. Well Orchard rep called last night and said that she checked and they can do an automated review with a soft pull, and if declined it goes to an underwriter for manual review and they typically do a hard pull. She said she will submit it for the automated review and call back to tell me what they say and if it needs to go further. I reiterated that cap 1 was able to complete the request with just a soft pull but she could submit it for the automated and then let me know from there. Still no call back, no increase when I log into my account online..... Not holding much faith in them to do it now...

Orchard bank is the worst. I am now regretting even mentioning I had this card in my email.

After multiple calls fom the OB rep asking me the SAME questions and if I wanted a hard pull or not, she said she submitted my info and would call back in a day or so. An entire week went by, whenever I thought about calling, i never near where I had put down her info. Finally called them Friday, my rep was out of office until Tuesday. She called Tuesday, again asked about salary, and did I want a hard pull. i told her no yet again and to call me back based on what they decided from a soft pull.

I get home and I have a letter in the mail from OB denying my request bc they feel my debt to credit limit ratio was too high.... This would make sense if capital one (who is allegedly the same company) had denied my increases in my other accounts, Plus earlier that day the rep made it seem like they hadn't even looked into my account, yet here's a letter that they had time to MAIL before she could give me a straight answer?????

Thursday night I get an alert that a new inquiry has shown up!!!!! From Capital One- so I can only assume its from this OB card. I immediately called and left a message and said someone needed to explain how this happened when I specifically said multiple times don't pull my credit if its a hard pull.

And of course no one called back today. If I can't get an answer and that hard pull removed by Monday afternoon, I'm sending another complaint email. I owe $47 on this card. I'm paying it off and filing it away.

Sooooo called them on the 13th, spoke with a different rep because the one handling my account was busy. She was confused as to why the other rep would tell me they would call before a hard pull, she said that was basically standard if the soft pull didn't work. She apparently got a message from the other rep while on the phone with me and said a request to remove that hard pull was submitted and already in the works.

On the 15th I got another alert that ANOTHER hard pull was done by them!!!!

I sent an email last night, havn't had time to sit down and write it until then. Explained that CAP1 handled my accounts no problem with a soft pull and quickly and gave me increases and rewards on both my cards while OB had bumbled it up, not returned calls, seemed to not be aware of what was going on with the account at all, and had pulled my credit twice despite specific instructions not to.  I stated I wanted both inqs rmoved, something in writing saying they would be removed this time since their verbal word now proved worthless, and since they denied me credit, I should be provided with a free copy of my credit report so I can also check that the inquiries were gone.

If CAP1 is going to absorb OB, I wish they would retrain those fools on how to help somebody, especially if they are reaching out to the executive office..... these types of issues are frontline associate types of mistakes!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 448 of 831
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Can someone please pm me the executive line information? I am having the biggest headache with the fraud department.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 449 of 831
hussain99
Established Member

I would really appreciate if someone could PM me the executive line information please.

Message 450 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.