cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
MWajid

Re: Capital One Executive Office

Can any one please PM me the exec office email address ? Congratz to every one who got a CLI and good luck for folks like me who are still trying!

Message 531 of 831
NH_CarDealer
Valued Member

I've had cap1 for exactly two years now, Today I tried calling the Customer service line for a CLI and had bad luck. Then I tried using the Instant chat to see if they could help with either a PC or a CLI..Both declined.

So while I sit here scratching my head is disappear I figure why not...Let's try the Executive Offices...Explained to them my two year history and that I no long would like to pay for the monthly fee's and asked if I could get a PC or fee's waived also explained I have a good mix of about 10 cards with limits ranging from $3,000-$5,000 each totaling over $40,000 of available limits....

GUESS WHAT.....DENIED!!! The very nice lady on the other end said I will receive a letter in the mail..And then asked how I got the number..I told her from a friend.

So with that being said I'm seriously considering paying off the $300.00 balance I have with them and canceling the card...will my score take a big hit??

Message 532 of 831
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@NH_CarDealer wrote:

I've had cap1 for exactly two years now, Today I tried calling the Customer service line for a CLI and had bad luck. Then I tried using the Instant chat to see if they could help with either a PC or a CLI..Both declined.

So while I sit here scratching my head is disappear I figure why not...Let's try the Executive Offices...Explained to them my two year history and that I no long would like to pay for the monthly fee's and asked if I could get a PC or fee's waived also explained I have a good mix of about 10 cards with limits ranging from $3,000-$5,000 each totaling over $40,000 of available limits....

GUESS WHAT.....DENIED!!! The very nice lady on the other end said I will receive a letter in the mail..And then asked how I got the number..I told her from a friend.

So with that being said I'm seriously considering paying off the $300.00 balance I have with them and canceling the card...will my score take a big hit??

You did it wrong.  You don't call them, they call you!

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 533 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@NH_CarDealer wrote:

+1 to what Flowfaster said.  Here is a guide based on what worked for the rest of us.  If you follow those steps you have a good chance of success.

The EO is not a customer service center.  The EO reps are assigned case numbers referencing complaints to executives and have special lattitude in resolving those complaints.  By emailing or writing, you become one of those open cases they want to resolve.  If you call, you are just another customer, not a "special case".

I suggest you read some of the success threads, as well as the guide, and if your case makes sense, try again.  Or, if it doesn't, wait six months and try again. 

Message 534 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@NH_CarDealer wrote:

Well you did try the EO, which should have helped you regardless of the fact that you did not email them!  (No one else sees a problem with this?  No one else has been to the thread about whether you think Capone has changed!?!  I voiced what I felt there about them there and it still appears that the wolf just has a few different sheep clothings.)  I suggest now that you try the Better Business Bureau.  This difference is that it is taken seriously and documented by an outside agency which could impact Capone's next business strategy.  Who knows what that could be!?!  Maybe their next strategy is to buy US Banks or M&T, PNC, Citizens, Synovous, or even just smaller community banks one at a time. 

I did the BBB and they took my case seriusly!  They did try and discuss my Household account to avoid discussing my Capone account, which was the easier of the two to respond to.  I think that was their strategy, to see if I wouldn't notice, ha, I did.  I even made sure than when I got the offer settlement that I made sure I rejected it with the proper response that they trying to discuss the wrong account.  Eventually they did work out my Capone account!  They take the BBB seriously!  They don't want negative information which can be tracked by a consumer reporting agency that reports negatively about them.  You can file a complaint online and it makes a record of the issue in the public spotlight.  The more records made, regardless of the end result, does state a problem exists for all to see.  Even if they do satisfy the customer the fact the customer had to use that method is noticed by some, so it does have an impact!  We should all remember that yes we are doing this for our own benefit, but we really should also be doing this for future benefits of all.  Did we all forget the concept of community?  We need to protect our community, not just ourselves!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 535 of 831
TheDjinn
New Contributor

I've posted this on another topic so i'll post it here too...

So I took a few suggestions to call or email the Executive Office. I opted to email Mr. Fairbanks CEO (You can google and get his email address as I am not allowed to post his email on this forum). A little back story:

This is my oldest card, I had it since freshman year of college with a starting credit line of $1000. They auto increased my limit to a total of $1500 about 5 years ago. Since I have a total of 9 credit cards with avg CL of $10,000 with various perks and reward,s I haven't used this card for a couple years. I only purchase small items from time to time so they won't close it. Since having a long credit history is one of the contingencies on maintaining a high credit score I  decided not to close it. I have called many times to try to get a CLI or at least a product change but they have gave me no legitimate excuse as to why they could not honor any of those requests over the past 8 to 10 years. So after much research emailing Mr Fairbanks seemed like the only option. I emailed him explaining my frustration and what I subtly demanded. I got a call the next day from the Executive Office. They wanted to confirm what I requested and would see if their underwriters can grant me my requests which is a CLI from $1500 to $10,000 and get rewards of some kind. They told me it would take a few days to review my request and that they would get back to me next week. I got the call today and they told me that they would be able to grant my requests, and they were very nice about it. Success!! 

Just some other side notes, they did not pull a hard inquiry, only a soft pull. My credit score is in the mid 700 range and I currently do not hold any high balances. Good luck!!

Message 536 of 831
Joesh
New Contributor

Can this method be used to up CLI on all Crapital One credit cards (like Kohls)

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 537 of 831
TheDjinn
New Contributor

I assume that you tried numerous times to get a CLI and did not get any legitimate answer for the denial reason from the CSRs. As long as you've been a long time customer, have good history with them, and a good credit score you can definitely try contacting the EO and see what they can do for you. 

Message 538 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

bernhardtra wrote: Well you did try the EO, which should have helped you regardless of the fact that you did not email them!  No one else sees a problem with this?

In this game of financial success, the deck is stacked against the average person.  Banks are often unreasonable, unfair, or take advantage of a consumer in a weak position.  They fail to address concerns or take care of their customers, or engage in predatory practices.

But here we have a "cheat guide" that gives you a way to get a better result than the average customer.  I'm not saying it's right, or fair, or morally superior...  I'm just saying it works.

You can complain about how unfair it is, or you can use what you've learned to get ahead.  No amount of complaining is going to make big organizations give one spit about the rest of us...  But we can make sure we don't get the short end of the stick.

If you want to get the most mileage out of your EO contact, it's better to email.  I'm not saying that's right or fair, but that's how you win this game.  And it's probably a lot faster than the BBB, but it sounds like that works too.  In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it's the same response unit.

Cap 1 customers have a choice:  Sit there with a low CL stuck in subprime land, secure in the knowledge that you're right, or use the tricks to get what you want.

Message 539 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

bernhardtra wrote: Well you did try the EO, which should have helped you regardless of the fact that you did not email them!  No one else sees a problem with this?

In this game of financial success, the deck is stacked against the average person.  Banks are often unreasonable, unfair, or take advantage of a consumer in a weak position.  They fail to address concerns or take care of their customers, or engage in predatory practices.

But here we have a "cheat guide" that gives you a way to get a better result than the average customer.  I'm not saying it's right, or fair, or morally superior...  I'm just saying it works.

You can complain about how unfair it is, or you can use what you've learned to get ahead.  No amount of complaining is going to make big organizations give one spit about the rest of us...  But we can make sure we don't get the short end of the stick.

If you want to get the most mileage out of your EO contact, it's better to email.  I'm not saying that's right or fair, but that's how you win this game.  And it's probably a lot faster than the BBB, but it sounds like that works too.  In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it's the same response unit.

Cap 1 customers have a choice:  Sit there with a low CL stuck in subprime land, secure in the knowledge that you're right, or use the tricks to get what you want.

Yeah, it's the same response unit!  And it has the added benefit of letting you complain in a public way which is legitimate and it gives the average consumer a way to get the attention of the big business.  It does it in a way where if enough people do it that way, then they have to 'give a spit' for not just that consumer but eventually for all.  Look at it like this, if everyone only goes the EO route, then only those who read here benefit.  If instead you go the BBB route, which also ends up indirectly at the EO, then legislatures and the general public have a better way to measure how responsive the company is.  The people in the legislature and law enforcement (courts) have a better way to track how responsive they are to the general public.  It helps to start stacking the deck back in the consumers favor!  It gets us a bit more connected with the community, which is really a good thing!  It also means that all the requests for people here asking for the PM to do it can more simply be told a better avenue to use which benefits them and the community as a whole.  (It also, oddly enough, fits in with FICO forum guidelines better, as you can simply post that link which does not contain a name of a person.)  It is an easier method for getting the information to person who wants what they deserve, it also insures that each case is better evaluated by both the BBB and the company, it connects us back to doing the responsible thing for the community, so overall it insures a more proper outcome. 

Yeah, we can use the EO trick, but as we have seen if we don't email them first it appears they don't take it as seriously.  Why is there a difference, because the email leaves a trail which at some point may be able to be retrieved or used by the consumer.  The BBB offers a better trail and a public forum which can affect people's views.  CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) works best if the community actively pursues it in a matter where others can more readily find out about the company's actions.  (And yeah CSR is not just about the environment and child labor in some ways it borders on CRM-Customer Relationship Management.)  I don't have a problem with each person using whichever method they choose, just make sure they are aware of all the options. 

As you say banks or maybe all businesses are often unreasonable, unfair, or take advantage of customers in a weak position, well here is a way to insure that in a public forum through a respected agency that we can lessen this not just for ourselves but for our community.  Basically a benefit for ourselves and our posterity.  All men are created equal, these truths are self evident, and we can establish a legacy for all to benefit from. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 540 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.