Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

Just sent my email off to Fairbank. Maybe I finally get to $10k. Hoping for the best!!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 541 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@p- wrote:

bernhardtra wrote: Well you did try the EO, which should have helped you regardless of the fact that you did not email them!  No one else sees a problem with this?

In this game of financial success, the deck is stacked against the average person.  Banks are often unreasonable, unfair, or take advantage of a consumer in a weak position.  They fail to address concerns or take care of their customers, or engage in predatory practices.

But here we have a "cheat guide" that gives you a way to get a better result than the average customer.  I'm not saying it's right, or fair, or morally superior...  I'm just saying it works.

You can complain about how unfair it is, or you can use what you've learned to get ahead.  No amount of complaining is going to make big organizations give one spit about the rest of us...  But we can make sure we don't get the short end of the stick.

If you want to get the most mileage out of your EO contact, it's better to email.  I'm not saying that's right or fair, but that's how you win this game.  And it's probably a lot faster than the BBB, but it sounds like that works too.  In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it's the same response unit.

Cap 1 customers have a choice:  Sit there with a low CL stuck in subprime land, secure in the knowledge that you're right, or use the tricks to get what you want.

Yeah, it's the same response unit!  And it has the added benefit of letting you complain in a public way which is legitimate and it gives the average consumer a way to get the attention of the big business.  It does it in a way where if enough people do it that way, then they have to 'give a spit' for not just that consumer but eventually for all.  Look at it like this, if everyone only goes the EO route, then only those who read here benefit.  If instead you go the BBB route, which also ends up indirectly at the EO, then legislatures and the general public have a better way to measure how responsive the company is.  The people in the legislature and law enforcement (courts) have a better way to track how responsive they are to the general public.  It helps to start stacking the deck back in the consumers favor!  It gets us a bit more connected with the community, which is really a good thing!  It also means that all the requests for people here asking for the PM to do it can more simply be told a better avenue to use which benefits them and the community as a whole.  (It also, oddly enough, fits in with FICO forum guidelines better, as you can simply post that link which does not contain a name of a person.)  It is an easier method for getting the information to person who wants what they deserve, it also insures that each case is better evaluated by both the BBB and the company, it connects us back to doing the responsible thing for the community, so overall it insures a more proper outcome. 

Yeah, we can use the EO trick, but as we have seen if we don't email them first it appears they don't take it as seriously.  Why is there a difference, because the email leaves a trail which at some point may be able to be retrieved or used by the consumer.  The BBB offers a better trail and a public forum which can affect people's views.  CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) works best if the community actively pursues it in a matter where others can more readily find out about the company's actions.  (And yeah CSR is not just about the environment and child labor in some ways it borders on CRM-Customer Relationship Management.)  I don't have a problem with each person using whichever method they choose, just make sure they are aware of all the options. 

As you say banks or maybe all businesses are often unreasonable, unfair, or take advantage of customers in a weak position, well here is a way to insure that in a public forum through a respected agency that we can lessen this not just for ourselves but for our community.  Basically a benefit for ourselves and our posterity.  All men are created equal, these truths are self evident, and we can establish a legacy for all to benefit from. 

I see your point where it comes to using available leverage to change a company's practices.  I'm doing something similar with my battle with Verizon.  I reached a point where I just couldn't believe how spitty they were being.  Hopefully the BBB can help me.

I guess where we differ on the current issue is that I never reached that point with Capital One.  The first card they gave me was higher than any other.  When my credit improved I asked everyone for increases.  Some granted them, and some didn't, but most were hard pulls.  They didnt give me one, but the pulls were only soft, which I appreciated.  I went around the denial and got my highest limit ever from the EO; an option not available to me on other cards.

I don't have a personal gripe with Cap 1, but I probably would if I was stuck at 500 for years.  

Message 542 of 831
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Can someone PM me contacts that have worked for them?

I emailed Mr. Fairbank at an email I found via google on 02/07/13. I have not heard anything back from them yet. I thought maybe they are just back logged. But all the posts I've seen had at least some sort of reply back within a week either via email or phone. I haven't heard anything at all. Thought I might resend my email and make sure I use the correct address.

Thanks!

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 543 of 831
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

I sent an email to the Executive Office last night at approximately 9 something last night,  I received a call today at 1 something from a really nice lady in response to my e-mail. We spoke for about 40 minutes about CLIs on my 3 accounts with Capital One . She said she would try to get me what I asked for but it would be 3 - 5 days before I receive a response. Although a CLI increase would B extremely nice, I am honestly just appreciative of the really quick reply.  But I will play the waiting game and keep you guys posted.  

Its because of this forum that I even tried!!! 

Girl Mel

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 544 of 831
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@StriderM99 wrote:

@p- wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

I have noticed that the best results come to those who have had 2 or more years with Capital One.  Others seem to get no or small increases, while those with longer time with Capone get larger.  Those that are seeking the exec office route might want to consider that.  If they are looking for a large increase it might help if they wait a few more months and get increases on their other cards first.  I am not saying this because I am on their side, I am on your side! 

Mine was about 18 months old and the EO people matched my highest limit on another card.  They wouldn't go higher.

Did you have to tell them you had another card and wanted it matched, or did they already know about it and offered to match it?

In my case I told them that Discover approved a new card for me for $10k and I would like to see that matched.

Message 545 of 831
Lkb273
Established Member

Got my letter in the mail from Capital One regarding my denial for a CLI from the regular CSR...it reads:

"Thank you for contacting Capital One regarding your account. Unfortunately, we cannot approve a

credit line increase for the following reason(s):

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're

reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you

more credit."

What kind of reason is that?  What???

I sent an email to the EO today...hoping to get a call soon.  I have been with them for almost 10 years, with excellent history, and I have been stuck at $1,300!!  Unbelieveable!

Wallet: AMEX EveryDay $1,000 | AMEX Blue Cash $13,800 | Macy's AMEX $6,500 | BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards $18,000 | Citi Double Cash $14,200 | Citi Simplicity $8,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $5,100 | Discover IT $3,500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Chase Slate $10,000 | Chase Amazon $2,000 | Chase United $10,000 | Express Store Card $2,290 Overstock.com Store Card $5,800 | The Limited Store Card $1,000 | Ann Taylor Store Card $1000 | Crate & Barrel Store Card $10,000 | West Elm Store Card $3,000 | Z Gallerie Store Card $8,000
Message 546 of 831
Sputney23
Valued Member

CanRe: Capital One Executive Office

Can someone msg me the Email address or phone number..

thanks

EQ 700 Trans 695 Exp 722
Message 547 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Lkb273 wrote:

Got my letter in the mail from Capital One regarding my denial for a CLI from the regular CSR...it reads:

"Thank you for contacting Capital One regarding your account. Unfortunately, we cannot approve a

credit line increase for the following reason(s):

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're

reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you

more credit."

What kind of reason is that?  What???

I sent an email to the EO today...hoping to get a call soon.  I have been with them for almost 10 years, with excellent history, and I have been stuck at $1,300!!  Unbelieveable!

Yeah they have been saying they are reviewing their policy for at least half a year or more, so obviously they are not!  Or if they are they are sure taking their sweet time about it.  Since they are one of the leaders, maybe they are content with how they do business and don't really care to expand properly or build their business.  They must have done some things right in regards to their business model, even if it is limiting.  Most companies would not take such a long time to review their policies if they were truly concerned.  Capone is known for finding things to say to mitigate  cutomer issues to at least some degree.  They really only have to classifications of card holders.  You either fit into one or the other.  Regardless if you currently fit into how they first classified you, you are basically stuck in that until such a time as you apply for another card with them and since their upper tier products are harder to qualify for, then you are probably stuck in their low tier category longer.  An option is to simply get a Barclays card, which seems a bit less restrictive than they are.  When I qualify for their Venture card I will take it and get the bonus points for it and then probably put it in my sock drawer.  However I do plan on getting an Amex before I get their Venture card.  That way I will be able to say to them that I have a card with the most conservative lender when they mention to me that they are a conservative lender. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 548 of 831
vietbobcat

Can someone PM the EO email address?

Message 549 of 831
Lkb273
Established Member

Someone from the EO called me & left a message Smiley Happy. I called back, but he was out of the office today. Left a message that I called with one of his coworkers- a very nice gentleman. He is going to call me back tomorrow morning! Smiley Happy. Fingers crossed that I finally get some traction!
Wallet: AMEX EveryDay $1,000 | AMEX Blue Cash $13,800 | Macy's AMEX $6,500 | BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards $18,000 | Citi Double Cash $14,200 | Citi Simplicity $8,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $5,100 | Discover IT $3,500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Chase Slate $10,000 | Chase Amazon $2,000 | Chase United $10,000 | Express Store Card $2,290 Overstock.com Store Card $5,800 | The Limited Store Card $1,000 | Ann Taylor Store Card $1000 | Crate & Barrel Store Card $10,000 | West Elm Store Card $3,000 | Z Gallerie Store Card $8,000
Message 550 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.