Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@JeffMO wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The numbers all changed and don't seem to exist anymore... how do you get a human with an IQ worth the air they are breathing?

Thats a good question

1-888-842-6328

That's the number to Navy Federal Credit Union!

I'm not aware of anything special about Cap1 cards (at least past the SUB) you don't already get elsewhere. If you have enough problems with a lender that you often need to contact the EO, maybe vote with your feet/wallet and move your spend to a lender with better CS.

Even when I had a Savor I never trusted Cap1 with anything complicated.

Yes, that's one possible case.   But another is a one-time need to get something really important sorted out.   And that can happen with any lender, albeit more likely if most of the first line reps aren't helpful.

ETA:  the problem leading to cut down of EO was that "really important" had come to mean for some "I haven't been able to get a CLI for 6 months" and eventually that sort of thing cannot get special handling, once contact info was freely available via sites like this.

If a branch is local, there's always the solution of going down in person - COVID risk depending.

If @kdm31091 is right and you have to email them, then that's not a bank I'd do much business with. Not a solution to this current problem with Capital One, but a consideration to avoid future business with them.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If I was a lender, and customers instead of going via normal channels, went to EO with every "waive my late fee", "remove my lates", "can my CO be deleted",  I'd remove that option, too. 

Once the word got out that EO might intervene,  option got abused enough for them to respond with "No EO for you" 

My favorite part, when Capital One decided to crack down on AU accounts sales, guess where those calls went to? 

Message 12 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

If I was a lender, and customers instead of going via normal channels, went to EO with every "waive my late fee", "remove my lates", "can my CO be deleted",  I'd remove that option, too. 

Once the word got out that EO might intervene,  option got abused enough for them to respond with "No EO for you" 

My favorite part, when Capital One decided to crack down on AU accounts sales, guess where those calls went to?

Regardless of the appropriateness of any given customer complaint, it's not appealing when competent people are deliberately hard to reach.

Message 13 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Regardless of the appropriateness of any given customer complaint, it's not appealing when competent people are deliberately hard to reach.

CSRs are easy to reach, and most of them are competent. 

I've seen people here berate CSRs simply because what they wanted wasnt possible. Even the first post in this thread is doing that exact thing. 

Capital One CSRs are no worse than any other. 

Expecting access to EO is not about reaching humans. The purpose of EO is not to deal with any/all consumer grievances, unless the problem is severe enough and requires escalation to that level.  Being told by customer service that something cannot be done doesnt mean "I'll just try going way over your head because I dont like your answer"

Have you tried reaching Amex EO? 

Citi EO? 

Discover EO? 

Again, this option existed, it got abused bad enough to end up the way it is today.

Message 14 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This particular customer service agent lost my respect and irritated me when she told me that there never has been an executive office to contact with Capital One and she has done her research to know that what I was telling her was available in the past ever existed... she said I was wrong!

i'm fine with being wrong, I am fine with learning something new every day... yesterday I learned the END button before I said something nasty!

Message 15 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

This is true but when too many people try to play stupid games it's easy to understand why the recourse is to only offer stupid prizes.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

CSRs are easy to reach, and most of them are competent. 

I've seen people here berate CSRs simply because what they wanted wasnt possible. Even the first post in this thread is doing that exact thing. 

Capital One CSRs are no worse than any other. 

Expecting access to EO is not about reaching humans. The purpose of EO is not to deal with any/all consumer grievances, unless the problem is severe enough and requires escalation to that level.  Being told by customer service that something cannot be done doesnt mean "I'll just try going way over your head because I dont like your answer"

Have you tried reaching Amex EO? 

Citi EO? 

Discover EO? 

Again, this option existed, it got abused bad enough to end up the way it is today.

There's definitely abuse. But I think there are also differences in the quality of front-line reps even on non-premium cards.

I once made two on-time payments for the Savor statement balance. The initial error was entirely mine, but it took three calls to straighten it out.

First call: The rep didn't properly enter my request into the computer.

Second call: The rep refunded the balance but charged me interest (again, I had initially overpaid, so how could I owe them interest?).

Third call: The rep refunded the interest and reset my grace period.

Message 17 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@JeffMO wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

The numbers all changed and don't seem to exist anymore... how do you get a human with an IQ worth the air they are breathing?

Thats a good question

1-888-842-6328

That's the number to Navy Federal Credit Union!

HAHAHAHA....LOL

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.