Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

No response to my email, maybe wrong address.  Can someone PM one where they did get a response!

Thanks

Message 421 of 831
JustinNguyen
Contributor

i been customer with crap 1 sinse 2005. stuck with 3000 CL. i call today request CL increase. they said NO. i called Executive Office. they said they can not do anything to my account. i always paid on time. used over 1 K for month with cap1. well i better closed this account.

Message 422 of 831
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

No response to my email, maybe wrong address.  Can someone PM one where they did get a response!

Thanks

So shortly after I posted that, of course they called.

Message 423 of 831
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

When did you send an email?
Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 424 of 831
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Nov 22, so this was the next business day after Friday, which many may have taken off.  So no real complaint!

Message 425 of 831
Finance805
Valued Member

Can I please get the email address for the executive office?  Been two years so might as well ask for a bump.  Is it better to pay off my balances prior to sending the email out?

Thanks!

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 426 of 831
distantarray
Established Contributor

@JustinNguyen wrote:

i been customer with crap 1 sinse 2005. stuck with 3000 CL. i call today request CL increase. they said NO. i called Executive Office. they said they can not do anything to my account. i always paid on time. used over 1 K for month with cap1. well i better closed this account.

you called? aren't you supposed to email?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 427 of 831
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

You can call or email. Depends on which you are better at. I emailed on Saturday because I wanted a chance to organize my thoughts, etc. Got a call from Erica this afternoon. I have had the card for 11 mos, initial CL 750, currently 1250 thanks to credit steps. Has a $39 AF and rewards are 1pt/dollar except gas/groceries. I advised that the current AF, credit limit and rewards hadn't kept up with my other cards and I couldn't justify keeping the card open once the AF hit. Erica told me the following:

Same speil others have gotten about C1 is a conservative lender, but they are reviewing their policies, recognize not growing with customers, etc. 

She immediately removed the AF from my account agreement, so I will never have an AF on this card. She then asked some income/employment/mortgage questions and offered to submit a CLI request for manual review. I asked for 5k. 

She then said that my final request (to PC to either venture 1 or Jimmy Fallon card) was more complicated. Basically, they are not supposed to do that unless there are no other options available. It is a complex process and they are actively discouraged from doing so. However, she did say that if my CLI request was rejected, she would call me and we could try to get a PC done to the venture 1. She gave me her phone # and said I should hear from her in 3-5 business days.

While I really would prefer a card with better rewards, the main thing I want the card for is the lack of foreign transaction fees. My original complaint was that with such a small limit and a high AF, I didn't save enough in foreign transaction fees to justify using the card. Since what Erica is offering (waive AF, raise CL) addresses that concern, I feel like what they were offering was reasonable.

I'd love to have the venture 1 or Jimmy Fallon, but I'm certainly not going to close the card if they can bump the CL while ditching the annual fee. Even if I only use it in Mexico/Belize, it will be worth it to have around (at least until I get the CSP).

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 428 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I wish I would have seen this thread months ago before I had closed my other account with them.  I would probably have good limits on both accounts now.  I actually did something different, I filed with the Better Business Bureau and got a call from them.  They only wanted to talk to me about my Household account, but at the time I did not know it.  When the lady called back with an answer is when I realized what was going on.  She originally did not even want to take my account number or talk to me about any details of my account.  I think they wanted to avoid the oldest account and get a good mark from the BBB even if it was through default.  I rejected the BBB offer when I found out it was the Household account.  I was also told by Household that my complaint would be forwarded to the right department at Capone and I would be called within 48 hours.  I never got the call so I pursued it with Household and got the number for Capone executive complaints department.  I didn't get everything I wanted from them, but I will follow up later for more in the future if need be. 

They did raise my limit from $500 to $2000 and removed the annual fee.  However, the account is still restricted from customer initiated credit limit increases.  I was not offered a PC or a lower interest rate.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 429 of 831
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

Thanks

So shortly after I posted that, of course they called.

During the call she said it would take a few days to get a response.  Today (the day after her call) I login to my account and see that the change I requested has been done.  I had tried several times through normal channels without success, so score one for the Exec office!

Message 430 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.