Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

They called me the next morning. It took them three to four days to process my application in my case.

Ron.

Message 561 of 831
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

Well i emailed EO and spoke with representative today.  Unfortunately they cannot do anything with my HSBC/now Capital One CLI without a hard pull, nope not worth it.  Im upset been a customer of HSBC for 6 years, only at 1100 credit line.  They will be reviewing my capital one "step program card" of  750.00 credit limit and get back to me on that one whether or not anything can be done as far as changing cards/programs it is now "under review" by underwriting department.  I will keep you posted how things turn out.

Message 562 of 831
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Could someone PM the EO info?

Message 563 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@kerbear1969 wrote:

Well i emailed EO and spoke with representative today.  Unfortunately they cannot do anything with my HSBC/now Capital One CLI without a hard pull, nope not worth it.  Im upset been a customer of HSBC for 6 years, only at 1100 credit line.  They will be reviewing my capital one "step program card" of  750.00 credit limit and get back to me on that one whether or not anything can be done as far as changing cards/programs it is now "under review" by underwriting department.  I will keep you posted how things turn out.

So after reading a few posts that said HSBC was again doing it if you contacted the EO, I called them.  They asked for my permission to do a hard pull and I asked why?  I tild them that since it was not part of Capital One's policies, since I had already been through it with Capital One I knew what the policy was.  She tried to tell me it wasn't possible and that I had to agree to a hard pull.  I reiterated that it was not the Capital One policy and a soft pull would provide the same data as a hard pull.  She did not like any of my arguments and even commented that every bank would do a hard pull, even though Capital One does not, for a CLI.  We went round and round with her trying to explain to me how she was trying to help me out, I countered everything presented in a firm and reasonable manner with the right responses.  Finally she agreed she would submit it without a hard pull, but they might not consider it without a hard pull.  She said I should know in 2 days.  I also asked for an intereast rate reduction which she said might take a bit longer.  So maybe if you call back and explain that since they are the same bank and the policy is that is not a hard pull, then you might be able to get them to reconsider.

As a note for others I did try the regular customer service number which told me that CLI's were being done again.  I was instantly rejected, just like happens at Capone and might even say the same message that customer initiated CLI's are not allowed.  (I wait to see what the letter says.)  The information provided by the EO office was in conflict with what the CSR's said.  They said yes, she said the only way to do so was through the EO.  She said there was a recent policy change about this, where before they could not do at their level now they could again.  Do think enough people have caused a bit of a stir that they are responding because of public backlash?  She did seem annoyed a little that I was even calling about this and had done the forum research.  It seems like they are aware now of how many forums talk about this and even now the HSBC customers are being affected detrimentally by Capone's poor policies that they have had to respond.  Is it too little too late?  Did a lot of HSBC customers flee?  Have there been a lot of phone calls since they stopped the CLI's? 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 564 of 831
Kysmet10
Valued Member

Please PM the Cap1 Exec. Office contact information to me someone.

Thank you.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Tending to my garden for six (6) months October 2013 - April 2014
Message 565 of 831
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jpschroe37 wrote:

Just wanted to note that it took about a week to get a call back after emailing the executive office. Now to wait on the review process and answer. 

that long? I read they usually get in contact with you the next couple of days. I just sent them an email about 5 minutes ago so we will see how long it takes them to get back at me.

they got back to me today...i am asking for an increase from 750 to 3500. Lets see what they can do.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 566 of 831
jpschroe37
Established Member

Well, I haven't heard back from the EO, but i see online that I got a CLI of 2k. Not as much as I was hoping for, but It more than doubles my limit, so I'm happy to have it. They also waived my annual fee, so that was nice. Thanks to the board for pointing me in the direction of the EO. I am less annoyed by Cap1 now.

Message 567 of 831
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@jpschroe37 wrote:

Well, I haven't heard back from the EO, but i see online that I got a CLI of 2k. Not as much as I was hoping for, but It more than doubles my limit, so I'm happy to have it. They also waived my annual fee, so that was nice. Thanks to the board for pointing me in the direction of the EO. I am less annoyed by Cap1 now.

Congrats jpschroe Smiley Happy hey, every little bit helps!!

Message 568 of 831
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

Update:  its been 2 days no changes to my capital one account im very unhappy.

Message 569 of 831
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@kerbear1969 wrote:

Update:  its been 2 days no changes to my capital one account im very unhappy.

is that all you requested bear? just to pc your card to something better? Maybe they take a little longer for that than when you just want a CLI?

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 570 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.