Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Experience

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Experience

A lower APR at Capital One, Chase, PNC, and BofA are all difficult to get.  PNC, Chase, and BofA all demand an HP for anything they don't give you and I think Chase will only raise your limit and not give an APR reduction, ever, unless for some reason they offer it to you.  I just spoke with them about my APR after they approved me for a $19K United card at 15.99 % and my Freedom cards limit has been stuck at $1.5K with a 22.99 % APR for over two years.  In that conversation they told me that the rate was the rate, will be the rate, the rate will not change, the rate could not change, and if the rate did change it was determined at account review, but probably would not change, could not change, will not change, unless they felt it should change....  OK, now back to CapOne

I called and asked for a decrease in the APR and was told that I had an offer.   As we all could guess, there was a catch, it was temporary, as it always is.  However, then I got an email for me to take a survey about my experience.  I took it noting that a temporary rate reduction was annoying and a waste of time to have to call back again in 7 moths to get the next temporary thing.  A few days after this I got a call back from a very nice lady about my comments.  She assured me that they were more than concerned about customer feedback and took comments seriously and this particular comment was made by other customers.  She later admitted that in recent times this comment had been increasing.  (Maybe because of this and other forums.)  She said before the comments were about CLIs.  (Which might also correspond to time frames of when that was a big topic here too about their actions in regards to that.  It did seem like there times were similar from when she said that had occuured.)  She did tell me that they were looking at making permanent decreases and that the management was in the process of discussing that.  I think they are responding to things as large numbers of customers make it an issue with them.  So maybe if we continue to call them about it and post comments about it on their social media, it might help it come about quicker.  It may have helped in regards to CLIs, where it was impossible to get them before, for many customers, now it has become much easier to do so without using the EO!  I think we wore them out on that.  (After all, you used to be able to call the EO, but now both the EO numbers I have will only reach normal customer service.  I would think the reason they changed that was because too many people were calling that number, why else would they change the number?)

Oh, and I didn't take the temporary APR reduction, even when the lady called me to let me know I could and discuss the APR aspect of things.  I told her I don't want to be bothered with something which isn't permanent.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.