Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One FR

Has anyone ever been asked by Capital One for a FR? I know Amex is does but I have not heard of Capital One doing this. They just did it to my sister.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One FR

Sounds unusual, hmm, at least their low limit CLs wouldn't appear to warrant this type of review.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!! Who's next? First Premier?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was a very low limit 700.00. When she told me I was in shock!

Message 4 of 14
mross1080
Established Contributor

Did they want the IRS form or just paystubs? I personally would have laughed at them and canceled. I can see putting up with it for a good card but not capital one. Did they suspend the account when they did it?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it was an IRS form. I told her to tell them to keep their card.

Message 6 of 14
mross1080
Established Contributor

Wow its something new everyday. I have 2 cap one cards and I wouldnt even think about it I would cancel. I guess thats where everything is going. I just cant believe there doing it for such small limits. Did she apply for a auto loan with them or something like that?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No nothing. She said she went to use the card at the gas station and it declined, she called and this is what they told her and said she will need to fill out a form to release 2 years of tax returns. Today she got the form.

Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

Is that right?  wow, cap1 IS tripping.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

No nothing. She said she went to use the card at the gas station and it declined, she called and this is what they told her and said she will need to fill out a form to release 2 years of tax returns. Today she got the form.

Don't know if she would share this with you, but has her reported usage changed in any way? Lots of new cards, climbing balances/ lates on other accounts, starting to carry balances, etc.

The Vikings or Visigoths or whatever they are on the commercials combined with an F/R makes for a disturbing mental image...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.