Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW sucess...well sort of...

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Capital One GW sucess...well sort of...

I just called the Capital One back door number for account managers, and spoke to a nice guy named Ben. I asked him if he could removed a late payment back in 01/2010, as I am trying to clean up my credit report. He understood my request, and said himself that he recently had to do the same thing. He fulfilled my request, and is going to send letters to all 3 CRAs. He said it can take up to 60 days for the CRAs to make the correction.

Next I asked him to removed 2 other lates on another account. He couldn't do it because the account was closed back in 09/2010 under the "suspense" status. It became suspense because I wasn't paying the bill. But I did eventually pay it, without it charging off and going into collections. He recommended me writing some GW letters.

So all in all, not too bad of a start for my GW journey. I didn't think it was going to be this easy. Here are the 2 addresses that he gave me to write the letters too.

for registered mail:

Capital One

15000 Capital One Drive

Richmond, VA 23238

ATTN: 63001-0125

Hope this helps! 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One GW sucess...well sort of...

Thanks.  I'll try it before those addresses are flooded from fellow myFICO'ers

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 12
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

I also just today had success calling one of the backdoor numbers provided for Capital One and asking for a GW on a 30 day late from 1/2011 (18 months ago). Not only were the account supervisors extremely friendly and personable, they promptly reviewed my entire account history and deleted the lates, reported the updated information to all three CRAs, and sent me a letter stating that I had a totally clean payment history.

I have to admit, I probably wouldn't have tried this without the advice and success stories y'all have provided.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 3 of 12
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Smiley Happy  well at least they ACTUALLY did something for ya. BIG CONGRATS on that!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 12

Can you please pm me the number that you used thank you
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to rain on the parade but I had an identical experience, twice. Then I got a letter in the mail stating that the information was accurate and that the reports would not be updated. Best of luck but, I wouldn't hold my breath. No to get all Debbie Downer or anything but that's my experience with this exact situation and 30 day lates.
Message 6 of 12
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

Thanks for the heads up. I guess we shall see. 

Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 7 of 12
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

Well, it didn't work. AT least I don't think it did. After being reassured several times that they were removing the specific late I asked them to GW and that they would send a letter to myself and the CRAs saying the same, they sent me a letter that verified several OTHER months as paid on time, but not the ONE MONTH they specifially said they were going to change to paid on time. AFter doing some research, I see that this is a common tactic of theirs to get you off the phone. Geez! I don't expect them to agree with me, but I certainly didn't expect them to LIE to me and then do something totally different.

-SB

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to send a letter off to the CEO but Peggy was so sweet. I'd feel a little guilty if she lost her job. Although, perhaps she'd get a promotion.

Message 9 of 12
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

Just got off another 30 minute call. Took a third  (in one call) account "supervisor" just to make it clear that I didn't care about late fees, I just wanted to have them delete the late and to send a letter to all three agencies to delete the late. I must have finally said just the right words, because he seemed to finally relent and say he would do specifically that. Everyone was friendly and I was told several times how much my business was appreciated. We shall see. Hopefully, this isn't more of the same. I'll keep you posted.

-SB

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.