Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Capital One Goodwill

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anybody has ever had luck with Capital One and getting 30 day lates removed via a goodwill letter. In my stupid college years (all in 2005) , I had 3 30-day lates post. I have sent them 2-3 goodwill letters, and all I ever get back is "we show you made 3 late payments that year and have reported such to the bureaus...thanks".

Any tips or tricks? Should I keep sending them letters or give up? Is there a better address to try then what's on the credit report?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill

Hi,

No luck yet, but I think someone did.  I just tried again by writing to the CEO. I'll update when I get the good news! (Because it WILL be good news! Think positive!)

Message 2 of 4
morganirish
Regular Contributor

I sent several GW's awhile back, always with the same response, "NO".  However the last one I sent I got a response of "no we can't remove the lates but we are increasing your credit line by 2,000".  So, you never know what could happen. 

Message 3 of 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Well I closed the accounts 3 years ago, so a CLI isn't gonna help me much, but it would definately be reassuring if someone has actually had luck.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.