Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One-Returned Payments?? Branch Managers Confirmation Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One-Returned Payments?? Branch Managers Confirmation Letter

Alright here goes.. I had a rocky credit history like most of us when I was younger. In 2018, i was approved for a 300 unsecured capital one card, I never went over 20% utilization...paid on time every month with sabine state bank, never 1 returned payment..About 5-6 months later to my surprise I graduate to 2300. I continued to pay on time early and keep utilization low. I ended up closing sabine bank and attempting to use my capital one checking to pay my credit card monthly payment. I used the capital one app, that was linked to my capital one quicksilver card. It was "successfully" processed. A few days later i receive an email, stating it had been returned. So, I attempt to make another payment. A few weeks go by, and I "miss" my first payment in about a year. I was very confused and upset.. I went into the capital one branch, and the branch manger asked if it was alright if she could process a payment over the phone with the capital one representive, I agreed and it was "successful" ,she asked me to contact her in a few days.. few days later I check my account and it has been returned yet again. Go, into the bank and I ask that an investigation be done... At this time, I was at 7 or 8 unsuccessful payments using the capital one checking account, with plenty of available funds. I had several missed payments, and capital one tells me my account was closed by the automated system, for missing payments. Bank branch manager wrote a letter, stating by no fault of my own, I made payments and they were all returned.. I uploaded it to the capital one fraud/dispute group, waited months, and I continue to get the run around..

Deragoraty was added this month.

Any advise would be appreciated, currently its in a charged off status with the full balance and it is killing my credit. I just purchased my first new vehicle and had to go with the highest interest because of this. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One-Returned Payments?? Branch Managers Confirmation Letter

I never promote contacting the EO at Cap1. In this case with all the proof you have. I would e-mail everything and upload all the documents to them and explain the situation. You can google the EO and go from there. Have you tried the branch manager or district manager too? Good Luck. That sucks!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Mistake- Advice?

I ended up closing my sabine bank (local Bank) and attempting to use my capital one checking to pay my credit card monthly payment. I used the capital one app, that was linked to my capital one quicksilver card. It was "successfully" processed. A few days later i receive an email, stating it had been returned. So, I attempt to make another payment. A few weeks go by, and I "miss" my first payment in about a year. I was very confused and upset.. I went into the capital one branch, and the branch manger asked if it was alright if she could process a payment over the phone with the capital one representive, I agreed and it was "successful" ,she asked me to contact her in a few days.. few days later I check my account and it has been returned yet again. Go, into the bank and I ask that an investigation be done... At this time, I was at 7 or 8 unsuccessful payments using the capital one checking account, with plenty of available funds. I had several missed payments, and capital one tells me my account was closed by the automated system, for missing payments. Bank branch manager wrote a letter, stating by no fault of my own, I made payments and they were all returned.. I uploaded it to the capital one fraud/dispute group, waited months, and I continue to get the run around.. I have lost count on the amount of times I have called in...

I made a digital record of the letter from the capital one bank manager, I dont still have the physical copy as I lost it during the move. 

Currently I brought my credit up from the 480s to 620s and now it is sitting aroun 530. Trying not to give up

I have a secured discover 200 limit and a secured citi 200, I always keep under 10% utilization on both, 2 years for my discover and 1 year and some change on citi, neither graduated due to my score I believe. Also got a new car last year and had to go with a subprime lender, 17.9 % interest ):   all payments on time for the past 8 months. Several paid off secured loans through banks in the last year, a few medical collections, all totalling around 2800.00  

I recently got a Navy Federal account and worse case, I apply for a secured and hopefully graduate

Appreciate any advice regarding the capital one incident and rebuilding my credit.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Mistake- Advice?

@Anonymous 

I merged the post that you started in the credit card forum into this previous thread as they're basically the same.  If you want to add more information to a previous thread, just reply to the original one as multiple threads create confusion.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Mistake- Advice?

@irish80
Thank you sir
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.