cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One New Account. When will my first statement close date be?

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Capital One New Account. When will my first statement close date be?

Does anyone know? Do Capital One cards close all on the same day every month or will my statement date just be 30 days after I opened the account? Just curious because I want to pay my bill before it gets "marked" to my credit report. I used to be an options trader in the financial markets and every quarter every option gets market on the last day of the quarter and the closing prices that day are what are used in taxes, bonuses etc. I am carrying a small balance on my new card and I want to pay it before it gets reported on my credit report but I want to pay it at the latest possible time before then. I may have to just pay it now and wait a month to see when my end date is if I can't somehow figure it out from someone here or somewhere else online...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One New Account. When will my first statement close date be?

i was able to answer my own question by chatting online with a Capital One agent. I was able to get my statement generation date and due date. I'm thinking that what my statement says on the statement generation date is what will be reported to the credit agencies.

Message 2 of 3
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One New Account. When will my first statement close date be?

That's how it works for my capital one card. My statement closes on the 15th of every month, and the balance on the card at midnight that night is reported to the bureaus and hits within the next few business days.

Glad you figured it out. Calling the company is always my suggestion with these questions because everything is unique to the individual.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.