cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One New CLI System?

tag
kyled

Capital One New CLI System?

I opened my first credit card back in Nov. with Cap1.  $300 limit and Credit Steps.  Carry low balance and all but twice PIF.  I called last week to ask how soon I'd get my new $500 limit from "Credit Steps" and after a short convo was told in a month or two.  Asked about if seeking a manual CLI would be possible and he said yes but stated he was sure my "Steps" increase would hit next statement and that they were currently changing the process of deciding CLI's.  I said I'd just wait a few more months.

Flash to today and statement posted with document attached.  Went from $300 to $1300!  So I guess they really changed the way they do CLI?  Anyone else have recent CLI exp with Cap1?

MyFicos Ex 628 Eq 608 Tu 644
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
angel22
Established Member

Re: Capital One New CLI System?

Yep! This morning I logged in and found a cli of $1,000 too! My 6th statement.
Capital One: $4500, Chase Slate: $1500, Barclaycard $1300, Bank of America: $600, VicSecret:$750, Walmart Discover:$2000, JCP:$1000, Amazon:$1900, and a few more store cards. As of 2/4/14 my FICO is 645. My Goal FICO:700
Message 2 of 20
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Congrats . Just wondering was the card getting heavy use ?
Message 3 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Sorry folks, this is nothing new. Many stories over the last 6 months of Credit Steps customers getting a CLI of more than $500 during their 6th statement. Some have even been $3,000. As of yet, no stories of that type of CLI success outside of the Credit Steps program, or of Credit Steps customers getting further CLIs.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 20
kyled

@twall06 wrote:
Congrats . Just wondering was the card getting heavy use ?

No not really.  I would charge about $100 a month on high end and maybe $20 on the low end and PIF most of the time a few weeks before a statement generated.

Message 5 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SnackTrader wrote:
Sorry folks, this is nothing new. Many stories over the last 6 months of Credit Steps customers getting a CLI of more than $500 during their 6th statement. Some have even been $3,000. As of yet, no stories of that type of CLI success outside of the Credit Steps program, or of Credit Steps customers getting further CLIs.

+1

Message 6 of 20
AllusiveGold

Well that is just ridiculous! I called them about a month ago and asked for CLI and got nothing! Yet in the last couple of days I was able to open 4 new credit cards, 3 of which have limits 3 times larger then my Capital One! They really must have issues with me. I've never paid interest on the card and have earned enough in rewards to cover the cost of the annual fee. I don't know what more I can do. Frustrated..
Message 7 of 20
angel22
Established Member

Well, I use the card as my main card and pay it off weekly. So, I've gotten alot of cash back and haven't paid any interest. Has it been 6 months since you've had the card?
Capital One: $4500, Chase Slate: $1500, Barclaycard $1300, Bank of America: $600, VicSecret:$750, Walmart Discover:$2000, JCP:$1000, Amazon:$1900, and a few more store cards. As of 2/4/14 my FICO is 645. My Goal FICO:700
Message 8 of 20
kyled

My wife has had a Cap1 for three years with only 1 late pay and still sets at $300. Her lowest CLs are Orchard and Cap.
Message 9 of 20
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Kyled,

I got my cap1 plat on 12/12 with 500......at my 5th statement, it went up to 1500.

I must say i was hell a surprised....no that's an understatement, lol.

Mine was auto increase, never asked for one.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.