Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One: No More Account Combination

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One: No More Account Combination

That's what I was told today. I double-checked online & found no combination option. 

Bummer for me because I just apped a Savor with the intention to roll my two bucketed cards into it come 2/20 when they're both eligible for another CLI. Hoping to make one decent card from the three. Now?

File under: should've asked Tony Romo first.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One: No More Account Combination

No big surprise as they probably feel people are creating too large of limits. They only have offered it for a couple years. They didn’t for the longest time before that. Looks like they’re rolling it back.
Message 2 of 76
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I was told today. I double-checked online & found no combination option. 

Bummer for me because I just apped a Savor with the intention to roll my two bucketed cards into it come 2/20 when they're both eligible for another CLI. Hoping to make one decent card from the three. Now?

File under: should've asked Tony Romo first.

Capital One, Worthless in your wallet. 

Message 3 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worthless in you're wallet indeed!

WHATS IN YOU'RE WALLET? I am sorry Samuel Jackson, But I do not want you in my wallet. I love my DSVR, and CITI cards. Capital One you are a number!

Message 4 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Card Combining Temp Unavailable

Hey guys! I was trying to find some recent threads about combining limits with Cap 1 but couldn't find any so I called to ask and I was told that this service has been "temporarily" removed from the account site and to keep checking online for it's return as they (csr's) were not privvy to that info. He stated that on their task list that this option was temp removed (something about a software workup) but asofar it did not say it was permanently removed. I asked if they wereable to override and complete the task on their end, but it was also a negative- it is only possible using the online feature under Control Your Card. Just wanted to give a heads up in case someone else (like me) was trying to do that and couldn't find enough info for it. If anyone knows different puleeeeez let me/us know!!! I did a product upgrade via the handy link on here a few months back and converted my old Plat into a QS but I also have the QS1 with the af that I would rather not pay for again. 

ps. adulting sucks Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Card Combining Temp Unavailable

Capital One is constantly "tweaking" their website. Very random. Kind of annoying.

Message 6 of 76
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

There's been some comments on here about that feature on their site and everyone that's called them have gotten the same answer. There's no current timetable as to when that option will be available online again other than that they're working on it. But I understand where you're coming from because I'm in the same position like you and others wanting to move my CL from my QS1 to the QS. I guess we'll just have to patiently wait for Cap1 to get it together and get that feature back on their site. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 7 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well so much for my plan to transfer my QS1 balance over to my Chase FU and then get the lines combined with the QS. I've been stuck (or bucketed as you guys call it) for 2+ years @ $500 for both and nothing I do pleases them so I just wanted to get them combined and not worry about the af for the QS1 and just let a small balance post every month for usage. Perfect payment history with them and they haven't given me any love, auto or by request. 

Message 8 of 76
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 Acct COMBINATION

Someone, please have mercy on me and tell me that there is some secret portal to jump through and find a hush-hush link or bat phone hotline to Capital Ones' elusive account combination option!?

I have been trying since late January to have my two Quicksilvers fused together, super sayian style.

Web search, call, no dice. All they ever say is keep checking back, because they are working hard to get that option live again. How hard could this be for a company who's sole purpose is credit options. They never give me an increase on either card, I've about had it with Cap1.

Any updates?

Message 9 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Acct COMBINATION

Sorry, it’s been removed and nobody knows if it’s coming back. 

My opinion is that Capital One probably intentionally got rid of it so we stop opening cards with the intent to combine them with older cards to get around the lack of CLIs. Call me cynical but it makes sense. 

Message 10 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.