Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC 101

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One PC 101

Great information here. Thank yall for clearing that up for me and I assume many others.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Your window won't start over but you'll be going from MasterCard to visa (with the venture) so you can't have the same card number. When that happened to me with NFCU the account stayed the same on the CRAs

Thanks!

Message 32 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just chatted with a Capital One rep and I have an offer to PC my Platinum card to a QS or Venture. I don't think he said Venture One but I can't remember. My question is... if I PC my platinum card to QS will the QS card report as a new account and my platinum report as closed? Also, will my window for requesting a CLI start over?

With any PC you keep the same network as well as your history.  Specific to Capital One, your card number will stay the same, and your CLI requests won't be impacted.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Your window won't start over but you'll be going from MasterCard to visa (with the venture) so you can't have the same card number. When that happened to me with NFCU the account stayed the same on the CRAs

If someone changes to Venture (or Venture One) it will still remain a MasterCard (I've seen a few Venture MC's on here myself).  As far as I know, there's never been a case of Capital One (specifically) allowing (or forcing) someone to change networks.  With other banks this is handled differently.

If someone has had a different experence, please let us know!  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that's odd. I just haven't seen a MC venture I guess
Message 35 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I've counted three on here so far... I can't recall the users off-hand, but one in particular has a pic of the card in his/her signature with the name/number blocked out. 

Not that many people PC to Venture because of the AF, but for some it makes sense.  They are definitely rare birds!  Smiley Very Happy

Venture One, on the other hand, there are lots of those floating around that are MasterCards. (Although I still prefer the QS... but to each his own...)

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I've counted three on here so far... I can't recall the users off-hand, but one in particular has a pic of the card in his/her signature with the name/number blocked out. 

Not that many people PC to Venture because of the AF, but for some it makes sense.  They are definitely rare birds!  Smiley Very Happy

Venture One, on the other hand, there are lots of those floating around that are MasterCards. (Although I still prefer the QS... but to each his own...)

Well he said my offer is valid until July. What's the rewards with Venture vs QS? I would prefer the cashback I don't no anything about the Venture. Also, what if I do a balance transfer to my Platinum. Will I still be able to PC? I'm sorry I'm high jacking this post. 

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't PC to the venture, honestly. You won't get the 40k sign up (worth $400)
Message 38 of 44
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well he said my offer is valid until July. What's the rewards with Venture vs QS? I would prefer the cashback I don't no anything about the Venture. Also, what if I do a balance transfer to my Platinum. Will I still be able to PC? I'm sorry I'm high jacking this post. 

A balance transfer shouldn't impact your PC offer at all. 

The QS has 1.5% cash back and you can get a check or a statement credit at any time, no questions asked.  The Venture calls it's rewards "miles", but it's really just 2% cash back, but with the redemption restricted to travel purchases (or gift cards) for the full value - you redeem your rewards against travel purchases you've made.  The Venture also has an AF, so for many people the QS is the best deal. 

However if you spend over $12k per year on the Venture and have travel expenses, it can make sense.

Hope this helps!  Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A balance transfer shouldn't impact your PC offer at all. 

The QS has 1.5% cash back and you can get a check or a statement credit at any time, no questions asked.  The Venture calls it's rewards "miles", but it's really just 2% cash back, but with the redemption restricted to travel purchases (or gift cards) for the full value - you redeem your rewards against travel purchases you've made.  The Venture also has an AF, so for many people the QS is the best deal. 

However if you spend over $12k per year on the Venture and have travel expenses, it can make sense.

Hope this helps!  Smiley Wink

Thanks I appreciate the help. Now I can make my decision once my statement cuts Friday. 

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.