Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC Between Rewards Programs

tag
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Capital One PC Between Rewards Programs

I currently have a VentureOne card that is 3 years old now.  Based on experiences with redeeming for travel (primarily that you can't apply rewards to part of a travel expense) I think I would get more value out of a straight cash back card.  The Quiksilver card looks very appealing but, given I have multiple inquiries from a mortgage earlier this year and the Venture card is my highest limit card, I am hoping I can convert the card without closing this one and applying for a new one.  Anyone know if this can be done?  I've seen PC reports from non-rewards cards at Cap One and from one cash back card to another, but not between rewards programs.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One PC Between Rewards Programs

IIRC, you should be able to PC from VentureOne to QS.  You can contact them via chat or phone if the elegibility offer doesn't show up for you online.  There should be no HP and your card # and history should remain the same.

Message 2 of 8
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Just tried converting via chat.  I was directed to the upgrade page in my online account but it told me there were no offers available.  The agent technically said I could not change my product unless that site invited me to do so.  I am going to try to call to see if I have any better luck.

Has anyone who has done a Cap One PC been able to do so without one of these invitations?

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If you have attempted the standard channel without success, then it's likely you will need to engage the EO for alternatives.  While no magic wand, the EO tends to have more empowerment in providing customers with more flexible options.  Lots of folks who have gone to the EO after exhausting normal channels usually tend to have some success, like in this case, even without a pre-determined product invite to PC.

Message 4 of 8
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I know this might be a silly question but what is an EO? Is that the same as the backdoor numbers in the sticky post?
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not a silly question, very valid.  EO = Executive Office, works in similar context such as the backdoor numbers.  Here's a link for the Capital One EO.

Message 6 of 8
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Sent a message Tuesday via e-mail.  I received a call yesterday but missed it (I called back and they said the rep would return my call but didn't).  I called and spoke with someone else today.  Bing! Bang! Boom! Made the switch, no questions asked.  I even got to keep my $3 in remaining travel rewards (converted to cash).

Wish I knew about this EO stuff sooner.

Message 7 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

Sent a message Tuesday via e-mail.  I received a call yesterday but missed it (I called back and they said the rep would return my call but didn't).  I called and spoke with someone else today.  Bing! Bang! Boom! Made the switch, no questions asked.  I even got to keep my $3 in remaining travel rewards (converted to cash).

Wish I knew about this EO stuff sooner.

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.