Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC. HELP PLEASE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One PC. HELP PLEASE!

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Nope. Just ask if you have any offers for upgrades.

I think this was mentioned elsewhere, but if the offer is for a QuicksilverOne rather than a Quicksilver, decline it due to its annual fee and its difficulty to PC down the road. I think you'll likely be offered the Quicksilver and maybe the Savor, though.

Thanks so much!  Will get my new card in the mail within 7-10 business days.

Message 11 of 27
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Which card did you end up with?

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were you I'd just get the new card as well and then combine your other card into it. All of the terms on the new card would stay the same and you are basically just closing the old card and putting the limit into the new one. Just my .02 though. 

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just read your comments though. Guess you went for the PC instead. Anyway if you decide to apply for another card later you will probaly get a much higher SL .If you do get another card later you can combine them into one .

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just don't forget about Capital One hitting with a HP on each of the bureau
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Which card did you end up with?

QuikSilver Rewards

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just don't forget about Capital One hitting with a HP on each of the bureau

HP for pc or an additional card? 

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were you I'd just get the new card as well and then combine your other card into it. All of the terms on the new card would stay the same and you are basically just closing the old card and putting the limit into the new one. Just my .02 though. 

I thought about this before chatting with a rep last night but the thing is I just got approved for Discover IT with a 15% interest rate and 3500 SL which is pretty good compared to my other cards. All others are atleast 24%. Capital One also doesnt seem to be very giving in terms SL and increases so it makes me a little iffy about taking on a HP for a new card.  I have some great offers from AMEX with 0 APR,  bonuses, and lower interest rates.  If I take a hit from HP,  I want it to be worth it ya know.  Does that make sense?  I'm still learning and would definitely appreciate the feedback.  I just joined last week and you all have been so helpful!

Message 18 of 27
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Capital One only hard-pulls for new cards. For new cards, they'll pull all three bureaus. Anything else you request will involve a soft pull or no pull. I don't think they do any pull at all for product changes.

For a product change to happen, there has to be an offer. If you check and no offer is available, the MO is to try again in a month.

Message 19 of 27
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My steps.

Opened Secured Card March 2017

Accepted prequalified QS1 offer Sept 2017

Waited for Credit Steps on both cards + graduation of the secured card.  This all occured in March 2018 (though i got the steps increase on the first card around the same time the second was opened)

As soon as the Platinum unsecured, PCed to Quicksilver (no annual fee version).  The QS1 was eligible now for account combination because it was 6 months old.

Combined cards using the QS1 as the donor to the originally secured card.

Came out with a 1000 limit no annual fee QS. 

And now I am waiting on potential prequals for another second card i may or may not take, which if i can, id wait out and then recombine again.

I am going to beat this bucket, one way or another.

Excellent stuff!

Your plan of attack more or less mirrors what I've done with Cap1, but what impresses me about what you've done is that you seized your chances at the first available opportunity. In my case there's been more of a lag of a few months, as I thought at one point I was going to let Cap1 wither on the vine altogether (which I didn't want to do as I couldn't have rebuilt w/o them) as I turned my attention to my NFCU cards last year. 

In Jan 17 I opened a secured Cap1 Plat for $1000 to get the whole rebuild ball rolling. After Thanksgiving I checked my prequal offers from Cap1 and got their new(ish?) Plat Preferred for $1000. The secured Plat unsecured in December, and just this week I checked my offers and saw that I could PC that card to the QS. Once the Plat Preferred gets its credit steps CLI next month, I'll combine the two in June and come out with a $2800 (maybe $2900 if I get the pre-credit steps CLI I'm awaiting) no fee QS. Not bad. 

It's still way behind both of my NFCU cards, but it is streets ahead of what I'm getting from Discover and PayPal 2% Cashback MC (both of which I opened alongside of the Plat Preferred in a pre-holiday spree) currently. 

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.