Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC Platinum to Quicksilver Question

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One PC Platinum to Quicksilver Question

Congratulations on your product upgrade and Credit One approval!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar situation.. I was approved for a $3000 CL for a platinum this week.. I'm wondering if I should product change for a Savor or just apply for another card.. I just hate that they do a Triple HP.. Did you have to call for the CL increase for the Platinum?

Message 12 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a similar situation.. I was approved for a $3000 CL for a platinum this week.. I'm wondering if I should product change for a Savor or just apply for another card.. I just hate that they do a Triple HP.. Did you have to call for the CL increase for the Platinum?

@Anonymous  One becomes eligible for CLI at 6 months from last CLI approval. In your case, it would be from account open. CLI request are SP. It can be done with your online portal.

Try the product upgrade to QuickSilver when your account is around 3 months old. I do not think there are Savor upgrades at this time. Capital One check for upgrade link

Message 13 of 18
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

I got the platinum in July with a $300cl. It’s been used heavily and PIF every month. My 5th statement just cut on Dec. 8th, and have been curious about upgrading. Tried it and was upgraded to the QS, but my limit stayed the same. Wondering if I restarted the auto CLI 6 month timeframe, or should I try for a CLI now?
Message 14 of 18
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

My DH was approved for platinum $300 sl in Nov 2019. We never even checked for PC until prob October 2020 but when we checked it was avail & he pc'd. His scores were around 640

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALLgoodABQ wrote:
I got the platinum in July with a $300cl. It’s been used heavily and PIF every month. My 5th statement just cut on Dec. 8th, and have been curious about upgrading. Tried it and was upgraded to the QS, but my limit stayed the same. Wondering if I restarted the auto CLI 6 month timeframe, or should I try for a CLI now?

PC does not reset CLI timelines. Go for it. 

Message 16 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  One becomes eligible for CLI at 6 months from last CLI approval. In your case, it would be from account open. CLI request are SP. It can be done with your online portal.

Try the product upgrade to QuickSilver when your account is around 3 months old. I do not think there are Savor upgrades at this time. Capital One check for upgrade link

It's possible to increase one's limit when the card is three months old. After that, the six-month wait applies. But there's never any harm in asking. There's no waiting period after a denial or after declining the offer of an increase.

Product changes depend on the availability of offers. There are frequently Quicksilver upgrade offers on Platinum cards that are three or four months old.

Message 17 of 18
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

So went ahead and requested an increase this morning, and it said they were going to send me a letter in the next 3-5 days. Just now checked my inbox and they state the reason for not qualifying is "Payments on this account are too low."

That's odd... I charge and pay in full every month. Anyone else every got his?

17DE9F03-5D18-43DF-B383-5F65DB89C568.jpeg

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.