Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC from Platinum to QuickSilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One PC from Platinum to QuickSilver

I owe this forum so much! Prior to this, I didn't even know you could PC Capital One cards! I've been checking the PC link for the past two weeks and it always showed no available upgrades. I hop on this morning and lo and behold --- I had the choice of QuickSilver, Venture or Venture One!

I heard the QuickSilver One was hard to PC but it looks like luck is changing! I originally had the Platinum, PC to QS1 and now it looks like I have one of their "serious" cards! Yippee!!! No more annual fee!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One PC from Platinum to QuickSilver

congrats where is the upgrade link located and how long must the account be open for.thanks

Message 2 of 8
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

no longer works for me, but I keep trying

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! I believe the wait is 6 months. You can try here: https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to use my card heavily for about 3 months and pay it all down, then the I got the option.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,tried nothing showing
Message 6 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, it's always great to hear about QS1 PCs. Smiley Happy They're known for being very hard to upgrade.

Were you giving the card regular usage? I ask because there's evidence that consecutive months of usage may trigger QS1 PC offers. I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of use.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous, it's always great to hear about QS1 PCs. Smiley Happy They're known for being very hard to upgrade.

Were you giving the card regular usage? I ask because there's evidence that consecutive months of usage may trigger QS1 PC offers. I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of use.

Thanks! My prior history was probably once per month if that. Then I called Customer Service and the rep told me they like to see usage so use the card and try in 3 months. I nearly maxed out around April/May and paid it all off in May. Then on August 1st (still QS 1), I requested CLI of $3k (this put my CL officially over $5K), they granted it! Then yesterday, I PC'd. Since nearly maxing out, I only charge $10 monthly subscription on the card and pay off in full. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.