Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One PC!

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Capital One PC!

Cap One catches a lot of flack but mostly from those who hold covetable FICO scores Smiley Tongue

For the rest of us...ahhhhh! Gotta love them!

I burned Capital One back during the recession. And now they are quickly becoming my favorite.

February 2016: Approved for $300 QS1 and Platinum

April 2016: Luv button increasing both cards to $800 CL

May 2016: Product Change Platinum card to QS card (1.5% cash back, no annual fee)

I've had 3 statements and my credit steps is due to kick in "after 5 on-time payments" (so August/September). I hope to then combine the two cards into one QS with no AF. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One PC!

How did you request it? I have the QS One and would like the no annual fee! Thank you
Message 2 of 11
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats!

For me, my pc was done via chat.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 3 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How did you request it? I have the QS One and would like the no annual fee! Thank you

chat! Smiley Happy

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Im gonna try when I get home. It's not letting me chat with them on my phone. I remember trying to go to modify features but got no offers.
Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PC

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just asked and got denied. OH well.. :/
Message 7 of 11
gibeon
Established Contributor

Congrats on the PC!  And thank you! for prompting me to try the chat again tonight, and I finally was able to get my QS1 converted to a QS.

eijay55, Try again next month. On the chat you can just ask them if there are any offers on your account. I had two - convert to QS or convert to Venture One - both no annual fee cards, but 1.5c beat 1.25 miles.

Apparently there are sometimes are lower APR offers also, however I did not have any now, and they recommended I try back in 6 months for that.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations I PC'd my platinum to the QS the day my 2nd statement cut. Still waiting on some LUV, hopefully it will come with. You 3rd statement
Message 9 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just asked and got denied. OH well.. :/

It'll come. When did you open your card?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.