Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Plat vs Quicksilver

tag
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

Capital One Plat vs Quicksilver

I have a Cap One Plat CC and a Cap One QuickSilver CC.  Recently Cap One sent me an email offer to upgrade my Cap One Plat CC to a Quicksilver.  

I'm not against upgrading but I was curious aside from the 1.5% cashback on all purchases is there any other reason to upgrade? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Plat vs Quicksilver

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:
I have a Cap One Plat CC and a Cap One QuickSilver CC.  Recently Cap One sent me an email offer to upgrade my Cap One Plat CC to a Quicksilver.  

I'm not against upgrading but I was curious aside from the 1.5% cashback on all purchases is there any other reason to upgrade? 

Not really. At least with the upgrade to the QuickSilver card you start earning cashback on all your purchases and have a chance of getting your card out of "subprime status" to see if you can get the card to grow. This assumes you start putting spending on it and don't already have another card that is similar or beats it

Message 2 of 4
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

As opposed to getting 0% cashback if you just leave it as a Platinum? Seems like a good enough reason to me...

| Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi Custom Cash 11.9k | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 3 of 4
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

A lot of times, people actively seek out an upgrade from Platinum as most Platinum cards have an annual fee.

So if your Platinum has an annual fee and you are being offered an upgrade to Quicksilver (be sure to understand your offer, sometimes the offer is for Quicksilver One which may retain the annual fee), than that usually eliminates the annual fee and gives you the benefit of 1.5% cash back on each purchase on top of it.

There is also the intrinsic value of being rewarded for your improving credit by being offered the upgrade. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.