Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum... Approved!

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum... Approved!

Chase has some of the best cards out there, freedom and CSP are supposed to be amazing, especially if you get the extra rewards from a chase checking account. They're just not great for those with thin files because CLIs are usually HPs and if you start at a low limit due to a thin file it'll mean a lot of inquiries on your way up.

BoAs also has some great cards, but I'm mad at them because they wouldn't approve me for their student card Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 36
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

GE pulls TU usually, and given your 761 TU score you can qualify for any of GE's cards with a good limit, I got a GE Sam's club card at 685  TU fico with a  800 CL, and GE Paypal MC extras with a $2k limit. If you app'd for GE Walmart or GE Sam's club with a 761 you would possibily get the discover version of hte cards but they want more experience.  Hard to tell. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 32 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I was at 655 when I got my GEs , and I didn't even get their $150 limits Smiley Tongue 

Message 33 of 36
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

@ Jsucool76...so sorry they did that you might want to try Credit Union they might be able to help..last week i applied for Capital One Auto Loan and they denied me got the letter in today but after i got denied in 2min by email the next day I appled for car loan at Credit Union and she was willing to give me a $10,000 loan $10,000 is not alot but at least i kn where to go if I want to get something cheap LOL, try Credit Union if ur still having a prob, I hate BOA fees smh..

@ Jamesdwi....thanks for the heads up ill have to think about it later down the road

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 34 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Flying_High wrote:

@ Jsucool76...so sorry they did that you might want to try Credit Union they might be able to help..last week i applied for Capital One Auto Loan and they denied me got the letter in today but after i got denied in 2min by email the next day I appled for car loan at Credit Union and she was willing to give me a $10,000 loan $10,000 is not alot but at least i kn where to go if I want to get something cheap LOL, try Credit Union if ur still having a prob, I hate BOA fees smh..

@ Jamesdwi....thanks for the heads up ill have to think about it later down the road

I'm in the garden for now, no new cards for me. I was tempted to apply for the barclay's apple card earlier, but I didn't. Smiley Tongue 

Message 35 of 36
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Ok lol...well GN gotta go nice chatting with u Smiley Happy

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.