cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum PC to Capital One Quicksilver (w/ Data Points)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum PC to Capital One Quicksilver (w/ Data Points)

I had a Capital One Platinum card that I opened in November 2020. I understand that there is no "rigid" ruleset for when you can ask for a PC or CLI in Capital One, but the recommended is 6 months. Regardless, I checked upgrade links and much to my chagrin, nothing would pop up. Not even a "There is nothing for you right now" message, just blank.

I decided to give a call today and I asked the friendly representative if I was eligible for any PCs on the Platinum (and said I preferably would like to PC into a Quicksilver) and within 10 seconds she said I could upgrade to the Quicksilver. I've only had the Platinum for 5 months, and they automatically increased the base credit line on the Platinum from $1,000 to $3,000 months ago--so that may have played a role. I also recently upgraded my Venture One to a Venture about a month ago. I pay off all my cards full balance every month with the AZEO method as well.

In short, if you've been diligent with managing your credit and don't see any information on the Capital One upgrade link--don't be scared to give a call and see what you're eligible for. I know many of you folks on here have either had BKs or Charge Offs but are pros at managing your credit now and would love to keep climbing the credit ladder with better cards. That's my situation (no BKs, but settled charge offs that have yet to fall off my reports) Smiley Sad. Your hard work will pay off!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum PC to Capital One Quicksilver (w/ Data Points)

Congrats on the PC! I recieved a preapproval for the Savor One card. Going to call and see if I could just PC my QuickSilver One to a Savor One. Trying to avoid the AF and 3 pull.

Message 2 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your product upgrade and CLI! Thank you for sharing the data points.
Message 3 of 17
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

That's why I always tell everyone to pick up the phone if you don't see what you're looking for via the online portal. Good job for being willing to follow up with CS, and congrats on your PC! Enjoy earning those rewards. Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 17
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@MrBEW wrote:

Congrats on the PC! I recieved a preapproval for the Savor One card. Going to call and see if I could just PC my QuickSilver One to a Savor One. Trying to avoid the AF and 3 pull.

No PCs to the Savor/S1, unfortunately. Maybe someday...there are a lot of people that would be very happy if they did though! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 17
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Capital One Platinum card that I opened in November 2020. I understand that there is no "rigid" ruleset for when you can ask for a PC or CLI in Capital One, but the recommended is 6 months. Regardless, I checked upgrade links and much to my chagrin, nothing would pop up. Not even a "There is nothing for you right now" message, just blank.

I decided to give a call today and I asked the friendly representative if I was eligible for any PCs on the Platinum (and said I preferably would like to PC into a Quicksilver) and within 10 seconds she said I could upgrade to the Quicksilver. I've only had the Platinum for 5 months, and they automatically increased the base credit line on the Platinum from $1,000 to $3,000 months ago--so that may have played a role. I also recently upgraded my Venture One to a Venture about a month ago. I pay off all my cards full balance every month with the AZEO method as well.

In short, if you've been diligent with managing your credit and don't see any information on the Capital One upgrade link--don't be scared to give a call and see what you're eligible for. I know many of you folks on here have either had BKs or Charge Offs but are pros at managing your credit now and would love to keep climbing the credit ladder with better cards. That's my situation (no BKs, but settled charge offs that have yet to fall off my reports) Smiley Sad. Your hard work will pay off!

Same for me as far as no offers available for as long as I've had the account (since 11/20). After reading your DP, I called Capital One right after and they upgraded me! Kinda shocked lol. 

Message 7 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same for me as far as no offers available for as long as I've had the account (since 11/20). After reading your DP, I called Capital One right after and they upgraded me! Kinda shocked lol. 

Congratulations on your product upgrade!

Message 8 of 17
jcooks
Established Contributor

I called them a few days ago before reading this and they referred me to check the account and there was no way to see if I would qualify for a PC.  I guess it's whomever you speak to and who is willing to even check.

Message 9 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

I called them a few days ago before reading this and they referred me to check the account and there was no way to see if I would qualify for a PC.  I guess it's whomever you speak to and who is willing to even check.

@jcooks  How long have you had the card?

Have you tried the link?

Capital One check for upgrade link

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.