cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Partially or Fully Secured Folks.. might want to read

tag
EdOz

Capital One Platinum Partially or Fully Secured Folks.. might want to read

Hi I figured I'd put this in here because I'm sure somebody will search for it. If you're a Platinum cardholder with Capital One, and had some type of secured card with them (I ), bad news. Talked to a CSR with Capital One who told me any type of secured card will at least for the foreseeable future not be considered for any CLIs unless it is a NEW account. So that means if you've had the card awhile like i have (2013!) it will always have whatever credit limit you have now.

She did say eventually they may "graduate" these cards again, but basically what i did -- applied for an unsecured one a few months back and got approved -- is the only way you'll move to an unsecured card. Of course, if you close the account they'll refund any of your deposit (I desposited an additional 50 to make it 250) but yeah, that kind of sucks.

Ah well, going to keep that card a while longer until i get a new higher limit card from another carrier and close it out. No sense in keeping it anymore if that's the case.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Platinum Partially or Fully Secured Folks.. might want to read

I just spoke to a rep yesterday via chat who told me that Cap 1 just started offering the secured to unsecured option. The rep told me that they will 'offer' it to you when your account is eligible to unsecure, and unfortunately, its done via the automated system 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.