Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Preferred Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Platinum Preferred Mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

Several years ago, Capital One offered a Platinum Preferred on their website; it was essentially marketed as the Platinum card for those with good credit. The card was basic but had a much lower APR than the Platinum card for bad credit. 

It would seem they have brought the name back for certain pre-selected offers but without the low APR....

yes and actually overnight it went from 19.99 to 22.99 haha!

Message 31 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

keep trying for discover and dont give up.

my discover story:

i cold apped for discover about 6 months ago my credit much lower and was denied they offered me a secured and never took it but i never gave up so many times i checked the prequal and no luck

when the new site came up tried again and no luck then two weeks ago i checked the new prequal for the second time and it came up for me as congrats and  i was shocked applied and got approved for 2k at 671 with 0% apr for 14 months and balance transfer.

i have alot of baddies holding me down but high income and some new accounts reporting well

i say keep checking and make sure to sign up for their free credit score board i think thats what made me get the prequal

best of luck

@Anonymous I just got approved @ 2K SL for my first Discover card with only a 669 Equifax FICO - got the $75 statement credit for applying through Amazon too which was nice!

Message 32 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha bfs offer changed again.. now hes got no annual fee and unlimited 1% back but 22.99% apr..no 0% intro apr... uh no thanks

Message 33 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

just to follow up.. bf took advantage of this preapproval and got a SL of $500... booo!
Message 34 of 47
schsa210
Established Contributor

i had that offer on the pre-qual a few nights ago, checked a few minutes ago, the Preferred version offer is no longer there.

i passed on the offer because i am not a fan of Cap1's triple pull method.

at least others who were approved received some nice starting limits.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 35 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

My preferred offer disappeared as well. Weird huh? I wonder if it was like a 1 week thing or if it'll come back? My scores haven't changed at all. So weird. Was wondering it that was just me or if it happened to others also. Thanks for the info. 

Message 36 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ sasha123 so he chose the preferred platinum or are you still talking about discover?  I'm confused. Thanks 

Message 37 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

both cause we got a little overzealous but hes done and in the garden with me now!!
Message 38 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI Capital One registered the trademark for this product:

https://trademarks.justia.com/876/93/capital-one-platinum-87693470.html

Message 39 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI Capital One registered the trademark for this product:

https://trademarks.justia.com/876/93/capital-one-platinum-87693470.html

ok? what does that mean?.. not what does a trademark mean(im not that naive), i mean.. does that change anything?

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.