Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum Secured wont unsecure

tag
nosup4u
Contributor

Capital One Platinum Secured wont unsecure

So I just look and I opend this account back in November of 17 and still not unsecuring does this card even do it and is it work me even having right now its one of my longest cards I have since my rebuilding.  Limit is 1050 and 650 of it is mine.  I do have a quicksliver that started at 200 and then went to 500 and recently got an increase to 600 but ready to drop that card as well just trying to be done with **bleep**ty cards credit score ranges from 620 to 678 when my cards are paid down.  Can I apply  for another capital one card and ask for a PC to combine the cards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Platinum Secured wont unsecure

Capital One stopped letting secured cards graduate to unsecured in mid 2018. Once you get 3 cards (besides that one) just close it and get your money back. Discover secured and Citi secured graduates. Discover is around 7-8 months and Citi is 18 months.

Message 2 of 6
nosup4u
Contributor

Man that blows I just called them and they told me as well that the card will never graduate my question now is will it hurt my lenght of credit history as it is one of my longest cards since rebuilding or should i just keep it active and never use it And I have way more than 3 cards My discover already graduated a few months back and my Academy bank card won't graduate as well but they say it will its getting at the point where I'm done with these crappy cards with high limits and no perks 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A closed account will stay on your report for up to 10 yrs and is included in your AAOA calculations.

The only way it could potentially affect you is in regards to overall utilization. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see your score range but if you haven't gone crazy adding cards in the past year, it may be to your advantage to try for either a Capital one platinum then pc it to a quicksilver after 3 months and take advantage of the 1.5% cash back or try for a Quicksilver one (this card has a $39 AF) and get the 1.5% cash back right from the get go.

I"d recommend checking capital one prequel site. Their offers tend to be solid but if you see none don't be alarmed. You can still apply and get approved. Of course, you'll take a hit from all 3 bureaus for the inquiry.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that would frustrate me,  having a full-grown dwarf card. I'd close and try for better cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.