Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Approval Site

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Capital One Pre-Approval Site

I came across this site that will see if you are pre-approved for Cap One cards.  I hope it's ok to post it.

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Pre-Approval Site

Thanks for posting...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

unknown_entity wrote:
I came across this site that will see if you are pre-approved for Cap One cards.  I hope it's ok to post it.

Be aware that this site has been discussed here many times, and there is some debate about  whether it is a true preapproval, or if they just give you a list of cards based on how you rate your own credit profile.

Message 3 of 5
CREDIT4BIZ
Contributor

I just did a experiment. First input info with above average credit rating then input needs improvement and they both gave me the same offers. 

No Hassle PointsSM Rewards Card
Apply Now

If you love to shop, this credit card can mean big rewards. Every purchase you make can help you earn rewards for brand-name merchandise and gift cards.

• Earn 5 points per dollar spent at gas stations and major grocery and drug stores and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
  • There is no limit to the points you can earn, and your points won’t expire for the life of your account
  • Buy what you’ve been dreaming of and pay no interest until June 2008 on purchases and save with no annual fee
Rates and Fees Term Details Important Disclosures Purchase APR: 0% until June 2008; after that, 16.4% variable Transfer APR: Currently 16.4% variable Transfer Fee: $0 Annual Fee: $29 Credit Range: $300-$3,000
You also have pre-qualified for the card offer(s) below. Product Name: No Hassle CashSM Rewards CardApply Now

Learn More

Capital One® PlatinumApply Now

Learn More

Capital One® Standard PlatinumApply Now

Learn More

Rewards: 1% cash back on all purchases N/A N/A   Additional Rewards: 25% annual bonus on the cash earned during the year N/A N/A   Purchase APR: 0% until June 2008; after that, 16.4% variable 0% until June 2008; after that, 8.4% variable 0% until June 2008; after that, 19.3% variable   Transfer APR: Currently 16.4% variable Currently 8.4% variable Currently 19.3% variable   Annual Fee: $29 $39 $0   Credit Range: $300-$3,000 $300-$2,500 $300-$3,000   Card Type: Visa® MasterCard® MasterCard®  
"Here we go again!"

Starting Score: EX509TU595EQ595
Current Score: EX662TU695EQ675
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done the same experiment, and ended up with the same results.

Others have had different results, though, so we're still not sure if it's real or not.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.