Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-qualified Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Pre-qualified Offers?

Hi all,

So, I am in hunt for the Capital One VentureOne credit card. The main reason to capitalize on the 10x hotels.com thing. I do travel overseas a lot, so I was thinking of getting this card for booking via hotels.com

I had 1 new credit card account in the last 6 months. Just 1 hardpull on each Equifax and TransUnion. My AOA is around 10 months. Oldest credit card is around 2.5 years. Current score is between 760 - 780 on the three bureaus.

I dont want to do a cold app to Capital One (for obvious reasons). I checked their prequal tool a couple of months ago, where I was prequalfied for their venture and savor (old one) credit cards. But I did not apply back then and instead went for the Uber Visa card. From last month, i was regularly looking at their prequal site to see if my venture card prequalified offer exists. But now, only the quicksilver one and the platinum card are prequalified with a ~24% APR. Venture and savor are no longer prequalified.

I know that they dont do a soft inquiry everytime I check in their prequalify tool. My question to the community is this - How often do they refresh their soft inquiry records? Any data points on C1 prequalify tool is appreciated. Any rules of C1? I know they are kinda unique in their approvals.

Thanks!

PS: I know I can always cold app. But knowing Capital one and my profile can somewhat be seen as a churner (I am not in fact Smiley Very Happy) , I dont want to risk triple pull for nothing. If it is prequalified, at least I know that maybe I have a 75% chance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Pre-qualified Offers?

If you see the Venture prequal, just go for the Venture with the 2% instead of the 1.25% on the VentureOne. The first year AF is waived. Comes with Global Entry credit and a 50k points SUB. You can always product change it to the VentureOne after the first year.  

By the way, the Hotels.com 10x expires Jan 31st, 2020. They might or might not extend the deal. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.