Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Premier Dining World Elite MasterCard

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Premier Dining World Elite MasterCard

BillyBob - I really don't consider Sams to be a 5% on anything, since it isn't cash back or a statement credit, the check is only issued once a year, and it has to be used at Sams..
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 11 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told I was unable to PC one of my two QSs. I've heard Cap1 only allows two credit cards per person, not sure if that's true or not.

Message 12 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
BillyBob - I really don't consider Sams to be a 5% on anything, since it isn't cash back or a statement credit, the check is only issued once a year, and it has to be used at Sams..

Hi fitireguy,

The check actually does not have to be used at Sam's. I'm going over to Sam's to cash mine today (Sam's is not close to us at all, by the way, so I never use my card in Sam's). I always cash my checks and never use them in Sam's. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 88
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

This isn't really a card I "need," although the dining reward would top anything I have on my other cards. But I have two ancient QuicksilverOne cards that I haven't been able to product change into Quicksilvers, and I don't want to combine them into my current Quicksilver because the cards are so old. I wonder if I can PC one or both of those cards into this one.

Message 14 of 88
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told I was unable to PC one of my two QSs. I've heard Cap1 only allows two credit cards per person, not sure if that's true or not.

We cross-posted. You may have answered by question about the potential for PC-ing my QuicksilverOne cards. It won't hurt to ask, of course.

I have three CapOne cards, but they're all 13–15 years old. The rules may have changed since then.

Message 15 of 88
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We cross-posted. You may have answered by question about the potential for PC-ing my QuicksilverOne cards. It won't hurt to ask, of course.

I have three CapOne cards, but they're all 13–15 years old. The rules may have changed since then.

My old QS MasterCard will be 10 years old in a few months.  It has a $4900 CL right now and will be due a CLI next month; after that I will likely try to get a PC myself (to at least have a chance at getting a WMC, for what that's worth). 

I also have the Sam's Club MC that offers 3% for restaurants, and I don't really mind waiting for the annual check (I also only cash it at Sam's; I would never forgo rewards by using the check for a purchase there) but I like having options. 

If Synchrony were to ever lose their minds and send me a 'blue envelope' this would be another 3% restaurant option.  <Fingers crossed> that in a couple of months they will allow a PC!  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My old QS MasterCard will be 10 years old in a few months.  It has a $4900 CL right now and will be due a CLI next month; after that I will likely try to get a PC myself (to at least have a chance at getting a WMC, for what that's worth). 

I also have the Sam's Club MC that offers 3% for restaurants, and I don't really mind waiting for the annual check (I also only cash it at Sam's; I would never forgo rewards by using the check for a purchase there) but I like having options. 

If Synchrony were to ever lose their minds and send me a 'blue envelope' this would be another 3% restaurant option.  <Fingers crossed> that in a couple of months they will allow a PC!  Smiley Wink

Those yearly checks are like money in the bank baby!  Cash in hand. It's really adds up over a year.

Message 17 of 88
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wish it was a Visa, would let me upgrade my Journey, already have a QS with my shopping habits it would probably break even at best.

Why do you wish it were a Visa? Except for Costco, pretty much every place that takes a Visa also takes a Mastercard.

Message 18 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice find, UncleB, thank you. Please let us know if you end up being able to PC. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 88
yfan
Valued Contributor

This is a very everyday type of card. Buying groceries and eating out I'd say are the two primary expenses (or combined as 'food' expense) outside of rent/mortgage for any individual, couple or family. And as an added benefit, 20-somethings will no longer have to pretend to be in the AARP to get a 3% dining card!

It won't be worth getting for me right now as I have the Costco Visa covering the dining category and the BCE covering non-Costco groceries. But still, for people who aren't chronic rewards maximizers and have a card for every category, this would seem to be a great fit.

Message 20 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.