Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Premier Dining card now called Savor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Premier Dining card now called Savor

3% on dining sounds nice. I have outgrown Quicksilver. I asked about a PC and they said "we are not offering that at this time, but we will notify you if things change... blah blah".

Message 11 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

3% on dining sounds nice. I have outgrown Quicksilver. I asked about a PC and they said "we are not offering that at this time, but we will notify you if things change... blah blah".

There is a 150 dollar sign up bonus with 500 dollar spend.  I wouldn't PC as you wouldn't get the 150 dollars

Message 12 of 50
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It depends on the situation. Three of my six cards are Quicksilvers. And they're all in the 15-year age range, so I don't want to combine. I'd be glad to PC one of them. I definitely don't need another card from Capital One. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 50
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is a 150 dollar sign up bonus with 500 dollar spend.  I wouldn't PC as you wouldn't get the 150 dollars

That's an easy spend to get.  I might have to get this when I leave the Garden.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

3% on dining does sound nice because I eat out quite often. However, Cap1 was nice to me during my rebuild but now they won't give me an increase on my QS. I am sitting at $750. Ive asked and the first few times it was because I didnt establish enough history with my $750 limit, then most recently too many inquiries or too many accounts opened recently, I cant remeber. At this point I have SD it for now. I cant imagine they would approve me for this card and I am not into the 3 pulls right now.

Message 15 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use their prequal page to see.
Message 16 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

$150 is not worth the triple pull, this to me is a PC option and nothing else.

Message 17 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$150 is not worth the triple pull, this to me is a PC option and nothing else.

Yeah their triple pull tactic is pretty tiring.  But if you tend to do app sprees every year, it's not a big deal.  Inquiries stop scoring after a year, and anecdotally start being less painful FICO-wise at 6 months.  And if you have superprime credit, they don't really matter at all for most purposes.

During rebuilding or if your FICO8s are under 760, they matter somewhat.

I threw the card into my spend calculator and it just doesn't do as much for me as I thought.  My only huge dining spends are usually when family is in town and I rent the catering room at the local restaurant I like.  Maybe $1500-$2000 per meal and that's once or twice a year.  Otherwise, my dining spend is minimal.  The $150 cash back is nice, though, so if I was doing an app spree annually, I'd blow 3 inquiries for $150 extra bucks.

Message 18 of 50
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I thought you didn't receive the signing bonus with a PC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 19 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it’s just me, but man that card is ugly! Yikes!

Surely it has to look better in person? I might PC my QS to it but otherwise I would not sign up for this card on its own. I never use QS any longer as I get better rewards elsewhere but it’s my oldest card so I’ll keep it or PC it but I’ll never drop it.
Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.