Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change - Journey to Quicksilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Product Change - Journey to Quicksilver

Hello all!

I have read this forum a lot over the past few weeks, and decided today that I had something valuable to offer to others.

I wanted to share the beginning of my credit journey in general, as well as my particular experience with Capital One.

The first card I applied for was the BOA Student Cash Rewards card (my checking/savings accounts are with BOA). I was approved for a $700 limit. I have maxed out the card and paid it off several times a month in full since I had it.

I contacted a BOA credit analyst two weeks ago (backdoor number on this site) and requested a CLI to $3000. They counter offered with $1500 and I accepted.

The second/third cards I applied for, in the same month (October 2014), were the Capital One Journey, and the Discover IT Student. I was declined by Discover and accepted by Capital one ($300 CL)

Today, I contacted Capital One via live chat in the hopes of getting an early CLI, and also switching from Journey to Quicksilver.While they were unable to grant me a CLI, since I'm enrolled in the credit steps program, they were able to upgrade me to Quicksilver It's extremely frustrating that I still have a $300 limit, but I was truly impressed with their efficient and helpful customer service.

Hope this information is helpful to somebody at some point!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Product Change - Journey to Quicksilver

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!

I have read this forum a lot over the past few weeks, and decided today that I had something valuable to offer to others.

I wanted to share the beginning of my credit journey in general, as well as my particular experience with Capital One.

The first card I applied for was the BOA Student Cash Rewards card (my checking/savings accounts are with BOA). I was approved for a $700 limit. I have maxed out the card and paid it off several times a month in full since I had it.

I contacted a BOA credit analyst two weeks ago (backdoor number on this site) and requested a CLI to $3000. They counter offered with $1500 and I accepted.

The second/third cards I applied for, in the same month (October 2014), were the Capital One Journey, and the Discover IT Student. I was declined by Discover and accepted by Capital one ($300 CL)

Today, I contacted Capital One via live chat in the hopes of getting an early CLI, and also switching from Journey to Quicksilver.While they were unable to grant me a CLI, since I'm enrolled in the credit steps program, they were able to upgrade me to Quicksilver It's extremely frustrating that I still have a $300 limit, but I was truly impressed with their efficient and helpful customer service.

Hope this information is helpful to somebody at some point!

CreditSteps is exactly what it implies to be. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

how many statements have cut after you were enrolled in the credit steps ?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the theory behind credit steps but I'm amazed they don't issue CLI's when people's full usage and repayment is so frequent. They are losing out to others that offer higher limits!

I think it has been 3 statements since I originally got the Journey card, but I must have paid it off in full 10 times already.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.