cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change/Upgrade to Quicksilver bonus??

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Product Change/Upgrade to Quicksilver bonus??

I got a popup when I logged in to pay my Capital One platinum card that I could upgrade it to the $0 AF Quicksilver One, which is kind of a no brainer with 1.5% cash back (had it been the $39/yr one, I would not have).

On the site for the QS One, it says "new cardmember receive a $200 bonus when making $500 in purchase in 3 calendar months".

Would I technically be a new card member since I upgraded or not? Thanks

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Product Change/Upgrade to Quicksilver bonus??

Most likely not unless you applied for that card. Can always call or chat online with a rep to find out. 

Message 2 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@twall06 wrote:

Most likely not unless you applied for that card. Can always call or chat online with a rep to find out. 

This. 

You would be making a product change and not a net new card,  but if you are unsure of the terms it's best to contact them and get clarity.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

I got a popup when I logged in to pay my Capital One platinum card that I could upgrade it to the $0 AF Quicksilver One, which is kind of a no brainer with 1.5% cash back (had it been the $39/yr one, I would not have).

On the site for the QS One, it says "new cardmember receive a $200 bonus when making $500 in purchase in 3 calendar months".

I doubt it would be a "NEW" account .. maybe @AllZero can confirm? ..

or call a CSR .. even though most are not fully informed.

Message 4 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

I doubt it would be a "NEW" account .. maybe @AllZero can confirm? ..

or call a CSR .. even though most are not fully informed.

Correct, product upgrade should not be a new account.

Message 5 of 11
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

In reading your post it sounds like you've been offered a no AF QuicksilverOne card; I just checked the CapOne web site and cannot find any such card; could it be you're being offered the no AF Quicksilver card for "Good Credit"?  The two cards are virtually identical, but the latter does not have any fees.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 6 of 11
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

In reading your post it sounds like you've been offered a no AF QuicksilverOne card; I just checked the CapOne web site and cannot find any such card; could it be you're being offered the no AF Quicksilver card for "Good Credit"?  The two cards are virtually identical, but the latter does not have any fees.

Sorry, I guess there are 3?

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-back/quicksilver/

I got the excellent credit one, because my rate is like 25% and not 26.99% like the fair one.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 7 of 11
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Yes, there are 3 Quicksilver cards, QuicksilverOne, Quicksilver for Good Credit, and Quicksilver for Excellent Credit.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 8 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your product upgrade.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I just logged in to try to trigger an upgrade for my card lol. It did not work. I've had my card for 2 years with no late payments but I did have some bad utilization during March 2020 due to COVID. I was told they weren't graduating when I called in but I've been hearing a lot of success stories so I'll patiently wait in the meantime.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.