Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change to Venture?

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Capital One Product Change to Venture?

I read another post by someone else regarding a Cap One CLI and there was talk about someone being successful with converting their platinum Capital One card to the Venture Card.  Has anyone else been successful in converting their Capital One card to a Venture?  If so, how did you go about doing that?!?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Product Change to Venture?

bump!

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 17
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

I called to change my plat cap one to a venture one card (no af) last week. I simply asked if the switch was possible, they said it was, and they put the new card in the mail. I haven't received the card yet, but afaik everything is ok.
Message 3 of 17
Smarter
Regular Contributor

The thread down below this one titled Venture Reporting Question has some info.  My husband upgraded his by clicking the "modify your features" tab when he is logged into his account.  It has always said "no offers available for this account", but last week it popped up with the upgrade offer.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 17
aamex
Frequent Contributor

877 513 9959  - try calling this number. The lady I spoke to was exceptionally nice and unscripted. Not use to hearing that from many CSRs at Capital One. I think you all might find this helpful as well. They're open from 9am to 11pm ET.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 5 of 17
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Hate to resurrect an old thring, but didn't want to start a new one.  I too was able to "upgrade" (as the Rep called it) from the platinum card to the VentureOne Rewards card with no annual fee.  I called the 877 number listed above.  Took about 30 seconds, read the disclosure to me and the account was upgraded.  Perhaps now I can start get increases but I won't hold my breath.  Just glad to be done with the $19 annual fee.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 6 of 17
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

Hate to resurrect an old thring, but didn't want to start a new one.  I too was able to "upgrade" (as the Rep called it) from the platinum card to the VentureOne Rewards card with no annual fee.  I called the 877 number listed above.  Took about 30 seconds, read the disclosure to me and the account was upgraded.  Perhaps now I can start get increases but I won't hold my breath.  Just glad to be done with the $19 annual fee.

Congrats and thank you, this is very inspiring. Would you mind sharing details about your scores and AAoA? Thanks!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 7 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

What kind of scores does one need for the Venture. Do they pull all 3?

Message 8 of 17
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

SevenNew/CS800 I don't have acess to my scores because they're all frozen.  Last I checked they were all in the 720's, 730's....not sure about Experian but I'm assuming it was somewhere in that range.  I've been a card holder since 2005, I applied for this card last month as was denied (forgot scores were frozen).  Checked the forum, saw others did the product change, made the call, and well you know the rest Smiley Happy.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 9 of 17
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

SevenNew/CS800 I don't have acess to my scores because they're all frozen.  Last I checked they were all in the 720's, 730's....not sure about Experian but I'm assuming it was somewhere in that range.  I've been a card holder since 2005, I applied for this card last month as was denied (forgot scores were frozen).  Checked the forum, saw others did the product change, made the call, and well you know the rest Smiley Happy.

Thanks!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.