Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Product Change

Hi all,

I just realized that I have an offer to change my Capital One card from the Platinum Mastercard to the Venture One card. I have a great credit score and my other cards all have good CL's and overall carrying 4% used. My question is, if I don't travel that often and I don't really use my Capital card that often, does the product change even matter or should I remain with my Platinum?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Product Change

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I just realized that I have an offer to change my Capital One card from the Platinum Mastercard to the Venture One card. I have a great credit score and my other cards all have good CL's and overall carrying 4% used. My question is, if I don't travel that often and I don't really use my Capital card that often, does the product change even matter or should I remain with my Platinum?

Well, I think with the platinum card, you're not earning any rewards. With the VentureOne, you will. 

You can even call and ask if they can upgrade you to the QuickSilver card. 

Message 2 of 7
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

With you having an offer for the venture I'm more than sure you have one for the quicksilver. If you don't see it online call in, but I would get out of the standard platinum as you aren't currently earning any rewards.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to PC my platinum after 4-6 months of history to QS on my new card.  From what I understand its only possible to PC a platinum to a Quicksilver or Venture. YMMV on approval to PC.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I plan to PC my platinum after 4-6 months of history to QS on my new card.  From what I understand its only possible to PC a platinum to a Quicksilver or Venture. YMMV on approval to PC.

Your understanding is misguided, the only product not yet available to PC to is Savor/Savor One, the most important thing is to avoid the dead end QS1 AF card as the PC destination..
Message 5 of 7
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

I just PC'd my old QS1 card to the VentureOne. I can use the travel benefits. 

In fact, I wanted to PC to the Venture Rewards card but the only offer they had for me was to PC to the VentureOne card.

Message 6 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

IMHO, QS would make more sense than VentureOne.   I'd recommend going on chat and seeing if you can PC to QS.  There's nothing wrong with having a good "just in case" card.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.