Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Product upgrades!

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Product upgrades!

@Brian_Earl_Spilner, I was able to upgrade my two QS1 cards after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage and payments. During some months, I charged very little. And I didn't necessarily allow non-zero balances to hit the credit report. I simply used each card each month and paid them off.

The fact that this tack "worked" could simply be coincidence. There aren't enough data points around here to back it up. But it certainly doesn't hurt to try using a card regularly in hopes of coaxing a PC offer.

Message 11 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

...I've had a Platinium Secured for almost 3 years now and they refuse to upgrade it.  I have talked with every single tier and they all tell me the same thing, "Secure cards can't be upgraded.  But you can apply on our website for a different card."  As poorly has they have treated me...

What companies treated you better at the time when your fico score was similar to what it was when you opened your Cap One Secured card?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well after my 2 Cap 1 cards I applied for the Discover It and was approved for $1,000. That has recently been increased to $2,500 about 2 weeks ago. I was just approved for the AMEX everyday card at $8,000 and everyday cash for $2,000 last week.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remembered about the upgrade link and decided to give it a shot. I upgraded my card from a quicksilver one for an af to be ventureone with no fee! Happy to have gotten rid of the and I started traveling more often (this I’ve been to Florida 2x, Sam Francisco, Paris & Michigan) so im looking forward to racking up miles! 

Message 14 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

Congratulations on getting Crap1 to upgrade you!  I've had a Platinium Secured for almost 3 years now and they refuse to upgrade it.  I have talked with every single tier and they all tell me the same thing, "Secure cards can't be upgraded.  But you can apply on our website for a different card."  As poorly has they have treated me, I'll save my HPs from their clutches and just continue to use the cards that have rewarded me very well since opening.  :-)  

I am VERY happy to hear about an upgrade and that someone received one.  Way to go!!

And once again. They weren't too crappy when they approved you for the secured which probably was the only thing back then you could get approved for. It did its job. Move on and appriciate what they did to get you were your at now.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC'd my Platinum card to a VentureOne and then a week later I PCd my QS One to a QS.  No 6 month rule was ever mentioned by Cap1 reps on either phone conversation.

Message 16 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I PC'd my Platinum card to a VentureOne and then a week later I PCd my QS One to a QS.  No 6 month rule was ever mentioned by Cap1 reps on either phone conversation.

6 months per account not client.

Cap One accounts each are their own entity.

Thats why you can get denied a $500 CLI on one card and open a new card for $30k 5 minutes later.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I upgraded my Platinum (opened July 2013) to QS December 2015 because of their email offer.
CITI Dividend (opened July 2014) to Double Cash May 2016 because of 2% Cash back and didn't want to keep up with the rotating categories.
Amex BCE keeps on emailing me to upgrade to BCP but don't want to pay for AF (yet).

Keep up the good work Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
jgdev
Regular Contributor

So I have a Capital One VentureOne card. I just upgraded it from a Quicksilver a few weeks ago. That Quicksilver was upgraded from a Platinum in February. So I've upgraded it twice in the past 7 months lol. I called in asking for a product change to the Savor which is what I really wanted as I had both a Quicksilver and QuicksilverOne. They told me there weren't any offers, so the rep told me he would notate the account about seeking an upgrade from the Quicksilver. That was about a month and a half ago. 

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 19 of 21
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@jgdev wrote:

So I have a Capital One VentureOne card. I just upgraded it from a Quicksilver a few weeks ago. That Quicksilver was upgraded from a Platinum in February. So I've upgraded it twice in the past 7 months lol. I called in asking for a product change to the Savor which is what I really wanted as I had both a Quicksilver and QuicksilverOne. They told me there weren't any offers, so the rep told me he would notate the account about seeking an upgrade from the Quicksilver. That was about a month and a half ago. 

Just curious why you would pc from QS to VentureOne?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.