Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

tag
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

My Citi DC applies the payment to the CL instantly, this is the only account I have that does that.   My Cap account always updates after midnight.   

Message 21 of 38
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@fatcomic wrote:

My Citi DC applies the payment to the CL instantly, this is the only account I have that does that.   My Cap account always updates after midnight.   

Amex updates immediately as well. 

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@fatcomic wrote:

Yeah they just recently added that. 

Message 23 of 38
AlanGJP
Established Contributor

So mine did the same thing a few days / week ago (I don't remember the exact date). I've made a couple payments since (I use it frequently and don't like carrying a balance on it) and since then, it hasn't done that once. It could be that it's something they offer for some of their customers and there was a glitch where everyone had instant access to their payment? (Did you get the animation over the available credit when you paid like I did?)

Personal Cards:
Business Cards:
Closed Cards:
Data Points:
Last Updated: 2023/11/09
Message 24 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AlanGJP wrote:

So mine did the same thing a few days / week ago (I don't remember the exact date). I've made a couple payments since (I use it frequently and don't like carrying a balance on it) and since then, it hasn't done that once. It could be that it's something they offer for some of their customers and there was a glitch where everyone had instant access to their payment? (Did you get the animation over the available credit when you paid like I did?)

I get that little animation, yes.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 25 of 38
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@fatcomic wrote:

I thought Amex did that for years (we have the EveryDay card). I want to say at least since 2016.

Capital One Venture, Spark, QS, plus the Citi DC, I see their available credit go up instantly. Again, I want to say "since forever ago."

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 26 of 38
Face_Value
New Contributor

This happen to me a month ago on my platinum (secured). It only happened once. It was the month I got my 1st and last credit limit increase @ the 5th statement cut. I always PIF with a 360 account. It did not happen the following month. And I did see the animation on the mobile app.

Message 27 of 38
razzy116
Established Contributor

I just made a payment on my Amex card updated instantly.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant update last week for my payment to My cap one QS. First time I've ever seen the animation with the dollar amount spinning up to reflect my new available credit instantly. 

As others have mentioned, my Citi card does this also. Without animation of course. 

Message 29 of 38
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@fatcomic wrote:

How long ago is recently, because they've been doing it the last 2 years I've been with them.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.