Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One QS: Instant Available Credit After Payment

I'm not getting instant credit for my cap1 cards and my oldest is from 2013 or 14.

I did, however, notice the other day that I was getting instant credit for my comenity accounts.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@fatcomic wrote:

My Citi DC applies the payment to the CL instantly, this is the only account I have that does that.   My Cap account always updates after midnight.   

Amex updates immediately as well. 

Yeah they just recently added that. 

I thought Amex did that for years (we have the EveryDay card). I want to say at least since 2016.

Capital One Venture, Spark, QS, plus the Citi DC, I see their available credit go up instantly. Again, I want to say "since forever ago."

They actually sent me an email alerting me that they were doing it. Unfortunately it has been more than 30 days so it's gone from trash but I found a TPG article dated 8/13/2020 about it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.com/news/amex-payment-instantly-processing/amp/

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@fatcomic wrote:

My Citi DC applies the payment to the CL instantly, this is the only account I have that does that.   My Cap account always updates after midnight.   

Amex updates immediately as well. 

Yeah they just recently added that. 

How long ago is recently, because they've been doing it the last 2 years I've been with them.

They sent me an email about it last month saying that payments will update available credit immediately. See the article I posted up above. 

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I'm not crazy lol. I've had my QS for over a year. I just noticed this yesterday when I paid. I was wondering is it because in the last three months I've been paying my balance to 0. 

Message 34 of 38
Repairman
Established Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

An interesting thing happened yesterday...and perhaps it's old news to other Cap 1 card holders, but it's a first for me.

I made a payment via the app...no biggie...do it all the time.

But the moment I submitted the payment, the app flipped back to the main screen and the available credit updated INSTANTLY. The balance still updated at midnight (as it always has), but my available credit was restored right away.

Am I just late to the party on this? If so, the food is delicious.   Smiley Happy

This just recently started happening with me, but it doesn't happen all the time and may be card specific. I have 2 cards with them and have made payments on both at the same time, and it happened on 1 card, but not the other.

Message 35 of 38
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

An interesting thing happened yesterday...and perhaps it's old news to other Cap 1 card holders, but it's a first for me.

But the moment I submitted the payment, the app flipped back to the main screen and the available credit updated INSTANTLY. The balance still updated at midnight (as it always has), but my available credit was restored right away.

Am I just late to the party on this? If so, the food is delicious.   Smiley Happy

This just recently started happening with me, but it doesn't happen all the time and may be card specific. I have 2 cards with them and have made payments on both at the same time, and it happened on 1 card, but not the other.

I find that I have to log out and then log back in to see the update to available credit.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 36 of 38
Repairman
Established Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I find that I have to log out and then log back in to see the update to available credit.

I've only ever done it on the iPad app, but on there it updates right before your eyes.

Message 37 of 38
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I've only ever done it on the iPad app, but on there it updates right before your eyes.

I only use a Windows 10 desktop to access my CapOne account, usually with Chrome browser.  I have a lot of privacy settings turned up high, so it's possible that my settings are somehow suppressing the automatic update.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.