Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS1 Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One QS1 Product Change

Hey everyone,

I had a quick question regarding Capital One's QS1 card. I have had this card for 10 years and 2 months, it's my longest running card so I definitely don't want to get rid of it since I have had it open for so long. It's currently at 0$ balance and I use it pretty often, just as an everyday card, for the cashback purposes and because some of my other CB cards are currently maxed due to unforseen expenses. It has a $4000 limit, recently it was at $2000 about 6 months ago but my score was pretty decent so I asked for a CLI and got another $2000 added.

I would really like to product change this card, since I feel like the Quicksilver One is for credit rebuilding or new credit users, and that the limit they will give on the card is fairly capped and restrained due to it being in a sub-prime category. I've checked this link for product changes on the card repeatedly:

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

But the only thing I ever get offered is to switch the card over to is a Venture One card, which is a card that doesn't really have any benefit to me and is not needed. I was hoping to just get it product changed to a regular Quicksilver card. I actually have a regular Quicksilver card as well that I got about 5 months ago that is currently maxed; it's limit is $5000. Should I switch the Quicksilver One card over to Venture One and from there would it be easier to product change it to something else like a regular Quicksilver? At some point when I pa the $5000 QS card down, I want to combo the two cards and keep the 10 year+ card and close the other, just FYI.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS1 Product Change

For now, if V1 is the only option (better than most QS1 owners looking to get out), take it just to avoid $39 AF, anything to get out of QS1.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. My question is if I switch the QS1 over to a Venture One, how long before I can try to product change the Venture One into something more useful? That is part of why I want to get rid of the QS1, is the annual fee. But also because the QS1 seems to be capped as far as credit limit and increases go, and feel a Quicksilver card would give me more.

Message 3 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's guaranteed that you won't see another PC offer for six months. But I think that VentureOne to Quicksilver PCs are fairly common.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically when a CapOne card is bucketed, it's bucketed at the time of application and will follow that card no matter how many times or where it has PCed to. That said, I wouldn't describe a card with $4k CL that started at @2k SL a bucketed card, they usually come with $300/$500 approvals, I don't think you have a bucketed card.

The priority here is getting out of paying the AF (should have done it years ago) that is eating away your rewards anyway, whether the card is bucketed should have no bearing, many posters would kill to have a path out of QS1 (almost impossible based on recent data). In a few months, V1 would certainly have a better shot to QS than QS1 ever will, but now you're not in a terrible rush because you're no longer paying AF.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I get that. Yes, when I got the card 10 years ago it was $300 starting limit. It increased to $500 and then to a $1000 and then to $2000 and sat at $2000 for about 5-6 years with no increase. It's now at $4000 from requesting that increase 6 months ago, so maybe it isn't a bucketed card (I actually don't know what that means but I'm guessing that means it's considered a rebuilder/low limit/sub prime category card). I still thought if switched over to a regular QS that it would have better chances of getting increases on it, but that's all speculation.

Ok well I didn't know that it was that hard to come by on pcing out of the QS1 card. I've had the Venture One card offer there for months; I just kept checking it over and over to see if they would eventually do a pc from the QS1 to the QS, but no luck, hence my original topic here. I'll pc to Venture One and switch to a different every day use cash-back card and get rid of that $39 annual fee and then wait another 6 months or so to try pcing Venture One to a QS. Will probably combo my Cap One cards at that moment too and merge the new history QS into the old card to increase the overall limit. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.