Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver - Balance Transfer at Purchase Rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver - Balance Transfer at Purchase Rate

I have a Quicksilver that's about 11 years old.  I seem to always have this offer:

- Transfer a balance at the same rate as your purchases, currently 12.15% variable, without paying a transfer fee. -

As long as I pay the balance by the due date, there is never a fee.  I can't seem to find any current documentation on this offer.  Was I grandfathered into an older program?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver - Balance Transfer at Purchase Rate

Why would you want to transfer a balance at an 12.15% interest rate? Regardless, if it doesn't have a fee, I would not accept that. And yes, mine currently says the same thing, but at a 17.4% rate (same as my purchases).
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't consider this a long term solution but a gap fix for a few weeks.

Message 3 of 4
busted2
New Contributor

Is their a way to do the above to increase the highest amount used on a specific card then pay it back rapidly and before interest must be paid? Say, for example, request a payment in your name/write a CA check then pay it back days after it clears.

My objective not to beat the creditor out of almost two months of interest but just to increase highest amount used on a specific TL and pay it back quicky. Experience with a higher CL being the reasoning, fwiw.

AA flags perhaps? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.