Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver approval odds

I currently have a Capital One Venture Card with a cl of 10,000$ and a balance of about 9,000$. Would it be wise for me to apply for a Quicksilver card with them, given the fact I have been with them for around 3 years, to free up some credit on my file? FICO scores are TransUnion- 645, Experian- 632, Equifax- 632. I also have other cards which are pretty much maxed out as well. I really want to do a balance transfer, but don’t think my scores are high enough to get approved for a card of that nature.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver approval odds

Just going by your description and nothing more, I’d say your odds are very slim. Even if (big if) you were approved, it would almost certainly be with a limit quite useless for your stated purpose. Your scores are rather low, and coupled with the high utilization you describe, I think most lenders would see too much risk. That’s my 2-cents, and YMMV.
Message 2 of 5
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

The high utilization will likely cause you to get denied. You might try for a debt consolidation loan to get those cards from being maxed out, then your scores will increase.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would agree that - at least if I were in your situation - I would look into a debt consolidation loan through Prosper or Lending Club. The plan I have is 9.9% APR for 15k. It worked well for me because it was way lower interest than my 24.9% or whatever on my CCs and it is a fixed 36 month installment agreement. My credit utilization went from 40% to 0% in one month. Now it is up to me to keep it down Smiley Happy My credit scores are about 50 points higher since I did that. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your input
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.