Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver to SD!!!

tag
timbales1
Established Member

Capital One Quicksilver to SD!!!

My Quicksilver card is now in the sd. I live used it the last year and half rebuilding. I now have better cards and Capital One seems to have tightened up on their cli. Started at $500 and now at $4000 limit but stopped in the last 6 months. I now have better cards, with better rewards and higher limits. Thanks to CapitalOne and this forum getting me in the right track. So to the SD it will go!!!!!!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver to SD!!!

I am with you on Cap1. All my cards from there are in the SD. They must be taking a very conservative approach to lending now. Every time a luv hit , there is a different reason for denial. Thank goodness I am getting better cards who give me increases.
Message 2 of 29
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the rebuild.

Capital One seems to set a ceiling on each card, based on the starting score of the cardholder. Once you reach the ceiling, no more CLI. 

If you want a truly higher CL, app for a new Capital One card. If you are OK with the card as is, SD is fine too. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 29
timbales1
Established Member

I'm ok with the SD for Capita One. Using Chase Freedom and Discover so I have what I need. Also have Amex Everyday. These are all better cards. I was going to be loyal to CO for helping me but they really don't have many choices. Venture wouldn't be of any value to me. I'm probably in the garden and app for Costco Citi Visa next!!!!!
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
I am with you on Cap1. All my cards from there are in the SD. They must be taking a very conservative approach to lending now. Every time a luv hit , there is a different reason for denial. Thank goodness I am getting better cards who give me increases.

I'm in the same boat. It's very frustrating.

Message 5 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. It's very frustrating.

Interesting thread. I was a little concerned as to why my Cap's weren't growing the way my other accounts were growing. I'm sure I could get better limits/growth if I applied fresh... but I'm not sure that's the direction I want to go in.  Very likely, SD!!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add me to the list of Capital One's brick wall. I too have been getting every reason under the sun for denials. Requested verification of my annual income. Faxed them my bank statements THREE times and they still said they couldnt verify my income. Maybe they just didnt want to believe I received such an income boost this year. Either way, I too have demoted them from a main card to a back-up to the back-up card.

Message 7 of 29
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Either way, I too have demoted them from a main card to a back-up to the back-up card.

That makes them a 3rd stringer quarterback! They won't see much action. Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 29
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

I thought for sure this post was going to be about the Uber promotion ending because it's going over to Amex but nope. That being said, I wonder if they'll replace it with anything? No FTF is nice of course but I don't think that alone is enough to stay competitive with the Citi DC and other 2% cards out there like Fidelity.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap1 only seems to grow when folks are amassing a lot of debt.  they just operate that way. i know this might offend some folks but its true.  they also have got to change their app policies.  for their higher end cards, at least be like chase or citi where its a 1-2 HP, and not 3.

maybe you can hope to PC to the 3% dining card in a few months. That is what I am hoping to do with mine.  But I have been tempted many times to close mine. Especially considering I know folks with credit scores 100 points or more lower than mine and they dont have an APR of 25.49%!  However with this type of card APR doesn't really matter as it would negate the rewards and I have low APR cards to use if I need them. 

But come on.  I am proud capital one finally released their " game changer " I was promised over a year ago....they will stick by a person in times of financial hardship, other cards may start to CLD, or decline, but cap1 still will approve transactions....but even another user here that either worked for cap1 or knew someone that did, while at work at cap1, being trained, they had a customer with 4 capital one cards...and the superivsor remarked "these are the customers we strive for, we make the most of our money from them".

Paired with capital one no longer allowing you to combine apps... I just have a slight resentment towards them.  Not once have they offered me an APR reduction. And only for 90 days did I have a 0% BT offer on my card regardless of amount of use.  Im over it!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.