cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver upgrade to World Elite Mastercard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver upgrade to World Elite Mastercard?

Is it possible to upgrade my Capital One Quicksilver to a World Elite Mastercard? Currently it is just a regular Mastercard - not even World. $2k credit limit. I don't care about the WE "benefits"; I'm just trying to get targeted for the $50 after $500 spend offer when Quicksilver World Elite Mastercards get converted to Visa Signature in a couple weeks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Quicksilver upgrade to World Elite Mastercard?

Unfortunately, no. That is unless you get targeted for the upgrade (email or snail mail notification). AFAIK, most Venture or QS WEMCs generally have a minimum CL of $5K, but I'm sure there are some exceptions.

Otherwise, requesting the upgrade will be met with a system constraint.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait Quicksilver mastercards are getting converted to Visa?

Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK, I haven't seen anything that confirms such a change for existing cardholders.

Over the years, Capital One has been known to interchangeably flip-flop networks on a variety of their products for new applications ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, even if I were to request a CL increase to $5k before attempting the WE upgrade, it still wouldn't get me anywhere?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP—Not sure if it makes any difference, but when I got my Cap 1 QS May ‘17 with a $2K limit, it was designated as a WEMC at that time. I have since PC’d to Savor (prior to the Savor upgraded rewards), so I don’t know if that changed anything, but from my personal experience, you don’t need a $5K CL to get WEMC “status” or privileges.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I still don't understand, if current card holders aren't affected what's the point of OP reaching world elite status on his current QS card?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yah I'm pretty sure this is for new members. In the past capital one hasn't changed existing users
Message 9 of 11
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I don’t think there’s any way you can go about requesting an upgrade for the card network part. It’s seems to be random when banks upgrade you to the next tier.

Some lenders do let you request an upgrade but capital one does not.

My fiancé recently got her cap 1 QS upgraded to a World mastercard when she did a product change from QS1 to QS. She’s had a 9K credit limit with capital one for over 2 years and they never upgraded the network part until she did a PC. It was around 1-2 months after the PC she got new cards in the mail saying she had been upgraded to World Mastercard. Surprised she didn’t get the World Elite as it’s a 9K CL and has been open for 3 years but it is what it is

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.