Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Refund?!

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Capital One Refund?!

Well logged in today and noticed a capital one refund of over $100 for Payymennt Protection, I no longewr have it on my account however I guess they refunded me from a few years back

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Refund?!

My mom received a similar refund from her Discover account.  Late Christmas present for you! 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 5
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

A while ago many banks (Discover, Capital One, I believe Amex and Bank of America) were caught using deceptive marketing strategies to get people to subscribe to their credit watch or something similar. In addition, it included ID protection and a few other things. It appears as if they are finally issuing the refunds. 

Message 3 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info everyone, yes a late christmas present

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/2798-bank-of-america-credit-protecti...

Bank of America got sued on that, I recieved a class action letter last year, that I signed and returned, the settlement hearing was scheduled for february so once that was done, other credit card issuers prefered to reimburse customers rather than go to court later on.

I can pull the paper work for BoA class action from my garage but that's what I belive this banks are doing, better pay now than be hit with a law suit.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.