Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Reporting CLs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Reporting CLs

Good Morning Everyone, I have been reading on the forum that Capital One is now reporting the CL.  So I received a pre-approved offer in the mail.  A little background, I as many had many cards in college and started having problems had some accounts charged off.  Two remain and my scores have gone from the 400s to currently EQ 697 (the highest) and EX 669 (the lowest).  I applied and called today and received a CL of $3,000!  I am really excited because I only have one CC through First Premier with a CL of $350.  I asked the CSR about whether or not the report the CL to the CRAs she went and asked a supervisor and they told her bo they only report the high balance.  I thought that this had changed.  Please give me some feedback regarding experience because this will determine how I use this card.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Reporting CLs

I have an open Cap1 account and it is currently reporting the credit limits on all 3 credit reports.  Not only the high balance but also the actual credit limit.  This just started about 3 months ago.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, is it a Platinum?  Are they doing this for all types of cards?  Maybe the supervisor was giving old info.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Photo_Buff wrote:
Thanks for the info, is it a Platinum?  Are they doing this for all types of cards?  Maybe the supervisor was giving old info.

Cap1 started reporting CLs for all cards as of Sep. 2007.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, hopefully this CL will help my score.  Thanks for the info!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

P.B. if the scores you posted are true FICO scores, you can do much better than the First Premier! You have graduated wayyyyy beyond your need for them.

IMO, you should apply for another card, and after you get it, close the First Premier. But only after it posts a zero balance.

Time to move on and up. And super congrats on the Cap1 card! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sylviatob, this is the first somehwat high CL I have gotten in a long time!  It is one of the first positive reassurances I have gotten since I started rebuilding (besides getting approved for my auto loan, even though horrible APR but first car I purchased so I took what I could get).  I did apply for Hooters, but haven't gotten an answer yet.  Called yesterday they said they were still reviewing.  
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

P.B. it only gets better from here. Smiley Happy

Be VERY careful in choosing a cc to apply for. Research a particular card that interests you. You no longer need the super sub-prime cards like F.P., Orchard, Applied Bank, NMB, etc. Get to know the FICO scoring ranges of all the cc's that interest you. It'll save you some headaches, and inquiries which lower your scores.

And good luck to you! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sylviatob!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.